Author Topic: Not Always Thread  (Read 78969 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Not Always Thread
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2015, 10:07:04 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:41 am »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:52:53 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2015, 05:32:35 pm »
http://notalwaysfriendly.com/kiss-and-dont-tell/36708

Considering it was at a Bible Camp, this one could have ended really badly. I'm glad the OP was a good person.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2015, 02:28:17 am »
http://notalwaysworking.com/very-genderal-humor/40353

You know, when a patient is transgender and tells the ER's intake nurse, that information should probably be passed along to any doctors that patient sees.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2015, 11:04:16 am »
Knowing a few people who work in hospitals, both doctors and nurses, I can tell you that because of standard, universal medical liability CYA protocols, the patient was never in any danger. As the OP on the site kept saying, I think it was almost 100% a case where the various intermediary staff who dealt with him were goofing with their coworkers. Hospital workers deal with hundreds of patients each year, and they tend to be sophomoric and sometimes a bit dark in their humor. It makes their long work days more enjoyable. He is lucky that he did not encounter any outright bigotry, though. There are some hospitals where the some staff are pretty hardened and resentful of patients who don't meet their personal criteria for being respectable.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2015, 12:19:51 am »
http://notalwaysfriendly.com/forrest-grump/39576

And this is why at-will employment sucks balls.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »
Wow......
There's more wrong about that than just the at will employment bullshit.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #337 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »
A customer called last night to order a cake, no problems there.  Today she went to the wrong store, so she called us, cursing out the decorator for Her mistake.  When our decorator put the manager on, our manager offered to drive the cake over the other store, but the lady told her where she could shove the cake and hung up.  She called back and demanded to speak with our store manager, but when he picked up, she hung up. 

He called the store manager of the other store and said to proceed as he wished, but if she entered our store, he'd throw her out. 

Wonderful human being the woman.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2016, 11:56:19 pm »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:42:38 pm by dpareja »