Author Topic: Man's best friend?  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
Man's best friend?
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:35:28 am »
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/23-years-dog-warden-ve-never-seen-horrendous-092415954.html#xXPgoc3

Why is it that the term 'Man's best friend' seems to only apply one way with some people?

Be wary, the pictures of the poor dog involved in the article are not pleasent.

Once again, Neglect, abuse and utterly callous behaviour towards a creature that holds no ill-will towards people.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Man's best friend?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:51:01 am »
I've seen a few episodes of Animal Cops.  This kind of stuff doesn't shock me anymore.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »
I have a cat named Stubborn that was skin and bones come in the house and just sit down in the living room like she owned the place.  She's been here since.

I thought Stubs was a kitten, but in fact when I took her to the vet a few days later after she'd gotten a little stronger from simple food and water, the vet told me that she was actually 1-2 years old.  Her growth was stunted, she was so malnourished.    Now she's stuck the size of a kitten, but she's getting along pretty well now since we got rid of the bugs and she has food and water. 
I think I know where she came from, and people in that particular neck of the woods don't tend to care about anything but themselves.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:58:44 pm »
Nothing grieves me more or angers me more than mistreatment of an animal.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.