Author Topic: WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE A JUDICIAL BRANCH!?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE A JUDICIAL BRANCH!?
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »
Source: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rep-steve-king-introduces-court-stripping-bill-written-radical-anti-gay-activists

A Republican lawmaker is trying to keep federal courts from hearing same-sex marriage cases.

Less than a week before the Supreme Court plans to hear arguments in potentially one of the nation’s most influential cases on gay marriage, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) introduced the Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act of 2015 to preserve state bans.

“For too long, federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution.” King said in a news release. “Rather, federal courts have perverted the Constitution to make law and create constitutional rights to things such as privacy, birth control, and abortion. These Unenumerated, so-called constitutionally-protected rights were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers.”

King’s bill strips way Article III of the Constitution, which gives federal courts the jurisdiction to hear or decide any question pertaining to the interpretation of, or the validity under the Constitution of, any type of marriage. The bill also prohibits federal funds from being used for any litigation in, or enforcement of any order or judgment by, any federal court.

King said his bill would stop the courts from “destroying traditional marriage.”

This isn't a bill...this an amendment and should be treated as such.  But I guess the current crop of dumbasses haven't even heard of the amendment process and will just put forth any old law they can because they think it'll pass both Constitutional muster and the President's desk.

Look we get it.  Someone paid you a hell of a lot of money to put this bill into circulation.  We get it.  But you've lost on this issue.  Move on to the next.

Ironbite-you know transgender rights which you'll lose on as well.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE A JUDICIAL BRANCH!?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:48:45 pm »
Because I don't feel like repeating myself. Though I'm tickled that he thinks we don't really have a right to privacy. Pretty sure the 4th Amendment would disagree with him.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:10 pm »
I'm starting to wonder if these people even have read the fucking constitution or have taken even a cursory civics class? This kind of dumbfuckery is almost too much.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:08:24 pm »
Jesus Christ, what a dumbfuck.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:35 pm »
I doubt it's that this guy is a dumbfuck so much as he thinks his voter base are a bunch of dumbfucks. Which, in all honesty, is probably true.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »
You know, sometimes it's OK to lose if it's the right fight. For example, if you're a congressman from a very conservative district. You don't have to win as much as be seen fighting.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.