Author Topic: Ultimate Paragon vs. Antitheism: Round 2  (Read 25481 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Ultimate Paragon vs. Antitheism: Round 2
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2016, 06:06:46 pm »
At this point, I kind of HOPE they try to raid us. We've gotten to the point where all that'll happen is that the forum will have a few dozen spam threads until Sigma shows up and deletes them. It would be a pain in the ass for her, but the rest of us would just be mildly annoyed.

Yeah, but then they'll talk about Gamergate, and I thought that was behind us.
The original GG thread was squished but I suppose they could.

And end up covering themselves in as much glory as the original representative from GGs Foreign Office.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2016, 06:07:06 pm »

True, but the attempts at trolling would probably be so obvious that it wouldn't do anything for anyone except annoy us with spam.

Side note: I'd love to be able to discuss GamerGate with people of varying opinions on the matter because it is a subject that continues to fascinate me, but we've seen how toxic discussions regarding it pretty much always devolve to being and how irritating it is when the brick wall decides that he's completely right and everyone else just needs to be educated on it.

Yeah, but like you said, it always winds up the same with GynophobicGuys crying that Anita is a lying slut, Brianna Wu is a tranny, Zoe is a cheating whore who took five guys at once on Gjoni's mother's grave on the anniversary of her death, and Leslie Jones is a "fat black bitch" who is violating Milo's Freeze Peach.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

True, but the attempts at trolling would probably be so obvious that it wouldn't do anything for anyone except annoy us with spam.

Side note: I'd love to be able to discuss GamerGate with people of varying opinions on the matter because it is a subject that continues to fascinate me, but we've seen how toxic discussions regarding it pretty much always devolve to being and how irritating it is when the brick wall decides that he's completely right and everyone else just needs to be educated on it.

The Gooblygook squashing was pretty much because of Dynamic Paragon.  It was just clogging up way to much of the forum with stupid shit and an inability to admit ones point wasn't meshing with reality.  I mean I suppose we can get back to discussing it like rational adults but does anybody really care about it?  I don't.  And if Ultimate Dragon hadn't posted about it I'm pretty sure none of us would even have cared about it.

Ironbite-as is I do find it amusing some of it's more strident supporters happen to be black holes of suck and don't realize it.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2016, 07:57:38 pm »
At this point, I kind of HOPE they try to raid us. We've gotten to the point where all that'll happen is that the forum will have a few dozen spam threads until Sigma shows up and deletes them. It would be a pain in the ass for her, but the rest of us would just be mildly annoyed.

Ha. Good joke.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2016, 08:41:35 pm »
GG's just a permanent staple of the web right now, it's like those banner ads of flashing gifs and comely women they just sort of exist hanging there malevolently.

And just like banner ads the more dodgy the corner of the internet is, the more they take over the page.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2016, 01:35:07 am »
I mean UP was only banned what a few weeks ago and this fuck comes up with a thread on May 3rd.  So if it was Ultimate Dragon, he had to have known his welcome was about to be worn out and he'd be given the boot or something.

I don't think he had enough self awareness to realize that.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2016, 05:32:15 am »
I know this is a bit sad but could they bring back Nautical? I miss chatting to a guy who was going to exorcise people over the internet.

Edit: Also I don't think Buck Bumble is Paragon because he seems to be really focused on stuff that happened long before. Bit weirded out how he got screenshots of texts between Cait and Damen. Makes me glad that I am in fact a biscuit in real life.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:50:09 am by davedan »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2016, 05:53:10 am »
Cait and Damn have a Tumblr through which they post their wacky text convos about shit.

Ironbite- it's fun

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2016, 05:58:13 am »
Ok that's a relief so its just from someone obsessing hard over them.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2016, 07:24:34 am »
To be fair, some of those texts (I skimmed em) were kinda cringey.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.