Author Topic: GOP trying to make Sovereign citizens a protected class in USA  (Read 903 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
GOP trying to make Sovereign citizens a protected class in USA
« on: January 06, 2018, 02:03:53 pm »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/republican-lawmaker-recognize-sovereign-citizens-or-pay-dollar10000-fine

In the unlikely event that the law passes any "corporation" that does not recognize Sovereign citizens must pay a 10'000$ fine. I don't know who they would pay it to and because the proposed law uses sovcit lingo it is not certain if "corporation" refers to just government agencies, corporations, private citizens or any and all of them.

The fact that more than one Republican supports the law says all you need to know about the current state of the party...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: GOP trying to make Sovereign citizens a protected class in USA
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:24:17 pm »
That's...insane.  And "corporation" has to pay the fine?  As in the people that pay your bills?

Ironbite-yeah I see this going nowhere.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:37:24 pm »
In this case it probably means government agencies with the corporation bit.

As in, if the police stop someone and try to give them a ticket even though they use the usual sov-cit bullshit then the police have to pay a 10k fine to the sov-cit. Or a judge won't let them go free when they start talking about flag fringes and straw names and whatnot.

If passed this law would finally mean that they can use their legal mumbo jumbo to do whatever illegal stuff they want.

So yeah, not likely to pass but seriously: THERE IS MORE THAN ONE POLITICIAN TRYING TO PASS THE LAW! The mere fact that sov cit morons are getting elected is crazy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »
Makes me wonder what else is attached to this bullshit.