Author Topic: Bryan Fischer: AIDS Denialist  (Read 22918 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Bryan Fischer: AIDS Denialist
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »
Alright, first topic I'm posting here :)

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association (also in the running for Fundie of the Year here) has officially come out as an AIDS denialist, interviewing the most prominent denier Peter Duesberg, and concluding that HIV does not cause the symptoms attributed to AIDS but rather recreational drug use among gay men.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df15ud2wUe4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df15ud2wUe4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHphnJDmOqE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHphnJDmOqE</a>

When you think he can't sink any lower, he does.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: Bryan Fischer: AIDS Denialist
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
He can't sink lower if there was not bottom for him to begin with.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Miles11

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:40 pm »
Oh, AIDs denialists...

I feel that posting this is necessary <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVYJp5dHf8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVYJp5dHf8</a>

The woman featured in this documentary is Christine Maggiore, the director's wife. She proudly talks about how she is HIV positive and breast feeds her children without taking precautions to make sure they don't contract the virus.

Her daughter died a year later due to AIDs related pneumonia, and she died another three years later of the virus.

Of course, that didn't stop ANOTHER documentary from featuring her...a few months after she died of AIDs.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:50:25 pm »
The woman featured in this documentary is Christine Maggiore, the director's wife. She proudly talks about how she is HIV positive and breast feeds her children without taking precautions to make sure they don't contract the virus.

Her daughter died a year later due to AIDs related pneumonia, and she died another three years later of the virus.

Why was she not arrested for negligence for giving her kids AIDS?

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:46:16 pm »

WTF? WTF? WTF? [Error: logic curcuit overload. DOES NOT COMUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!]
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:52:00 pm »
Wow really?  You're gonna deny AIDS exist really?  That's just sad.

Ironbite-and very very dangerous thinking.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

Why was she not arrested for negligence for giving her kids AIDS?

Being dead kind of confers immunity.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:05:47 pm »
this is what happened.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »
this is what happened.
Astounding. The HIV/AIDS denialists insisted it was not their bullshit that killed Christine, but another group's bullshit--holistic medicines. Sadder than it is funny though.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:34:29 pm »
I don’t know why AIDS denialism boggles me so. It’s not any different from any other pseudoscientific woo.
-A Pen Name

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm more stunned over the revelation that he believes this shit, or the fact that he has a radio program as a platform for his bullshit.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm more stunned over the revelation that he believes this shit, or the fact that he has a radio program as a platform for his bullshit.

In addition IIRC he got the endorsement of one of the major "family" groups. The (very thin) silver lining is that in doing so they earned a spot on the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate group list.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:19 am »
And I suppose it's just a coincidence that every single AIDS patient tests positive for HIV?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 03:58:05 am »
And I suppose it's just a coincidence that every single AIDS patient tests positive for HIV?

HIV is a sign of SIN which also causes AIDS! </fundie>
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 04:06:46 am »

No it is a conspiracy!
Some of them believe that AIDS is caused by HIV-medicin, so that covers most of the AIDS cases. It is true that ones who refuse to take medicin (the conspiracy nuts) also die of AIDS but their answer to that is simply claiming that "it wasn't AIDS, it was something else! (Propably all that gay sex he had.)"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!