Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386838 times)

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1935 on: December 18, 2017, 08:03:34 pm »
Here's my opinion:  Cloud is absolutely right that Pence or Ryan or Hatch or anyone else would sign the tax cuts just as quickly.  The GOP establishment knows that, but they're afraid of Trump's voters.  They've spent four decades using hate radio and Fake News to cultivate this mob of racist, heavily-armed religious kooks who are convinced that the dam librals are out to steal their guns and Bables and make their sons gay marry Mexican immigrants then let Muslins kill them all.  The human dumpster fire has them convinced that he's their Messiah;  if Dump is removed from power and the GOP establishment looks culpable in any way this mob--or, as you can also call it, the Republican base--will be livid.   The GOP establishment--the economic royalists who actually don't give a flying fuck about gay marriage or abortion or Jesus returning and just want their tax cuts, dammit--need those votes to keep and stay in power.
You forgot to follow the money. Yes Trump is the king of free publicity, and yes everything you said is pretty much true, and yes, it's only the midterms coming up, but these tax cuts stink to high heaven, and even half the Republicans in the Legislative branch know it, but they're going to pass it because they'll be wiped out in the midterms if they don't, and it's not about appeasing (or even energising) the base, or having a win under their belt, you just have to look at the boondoggles they're putting in, the people they're hurting, and the only people who are going to benefit from this fiasco. It is about the Republican donors. There aren't millions of them giving $27 each. It's the super rich giving hundreds of millions, and if the Republicans don't give them the world's most expensive blowjob, they're going to lose a LOT of funding for midterms and 2020. No ads to feed FOX or Breitbart or Drudge. No ground support. No stickers or posters or fake news (made in America). No insane 'think'tanks. They're trying to appease the asshole portion of the 0.01%, no one else.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1936 on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »
It's lose lose for them. Either do nothing and not get funding and lose support. Or pass a highly unfavorable tax reform and lose support.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1938 on: December 24, 2017, 05:41:39 am »
the coin, which is thicker than those made for past presidents

This really got me, it was such an odd change to make and is more fascinating in its egotism to me than the rest of the changes listed by this article.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1939 on: December 24, 2017, 06:04:44 am »
So the president of America wants to immortalise the idea that America is shit right now and therefore needs to be made great again. It's almost a refreshing change from the usual patriotic wank that these things tend to be.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1940 on: December 24, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
It's not even a coin anymore. He fucked up a circle. A goddamned CIRCLE.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1941 on: December 30, 2017, 12:40:05 am »
Not all coins are circular, ya know.

Anyway...

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2473_the-year-2017-if-trump-hadnt-won-election/

Cracked readers on what 2017 might have looked like had Clinton won.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1942 on: December 30, 2017, 02:16:25 am »
 some of those were pretty clever.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1943 on: December 30, 2017, 07:31:36 am »
These four are my favourites:

(click to show/hide)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1944 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25:05 pm »
Mike Pence went on vacation to Aspen. What did he find when he got there?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mike-pences-aspen-neighbors-hang-up-make-america-gay-again-sign/

That sign, hung at both entrances to his property, by a lesbian couple. (Apparently they were a bit hesitant to do it because of the Secret Service presence, but the Secret Service said they figured it was the couple's First Amendment right. They gave the bodyguards chili.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1945 on: January 03, 2018, 08:52:21 am »
Couple: "We're not sure if this is legal or smart..."

Secret Service: "Dude, fuck this guy, go ahead."

How I imagine the conversation more or less went.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1946 on: January 03, 2018, 06:40:27 pm »
Wow.  Pence is about as beloved as Trump is.

Ironbite-who'd he piss off in SS?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1948 on: January 10, 2018, 03:52:28 pm »
Only that it didn't happen sooner.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1949 on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:11 pm »
Aren't we all glad that Trump is in there draining the swamp?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t