Author Topic: Former Wal-Mart Employee - "I really liked it!"  (Read 5019 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Former Wal-Mart Employee - "I really liked it!"
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 02:35:19 am »
My bullshit sense it tingling, Batman!  Yeah, no.  You're full-time, dumbass, the company actually pays some sort of attention to you, and you're only slightly less expendable than us part-timers.

Unless you're a store manager or, maybe, an assistant manager, you're utterly and totally expendable to corporate.  If you become an inconvenience, you will be replaced.

Oh, and let's not forget how they'll fire your ass if you so much as consider unionization.  Their training videos even try to pan unions as being soulless and evil, and never listening to "the little guy," while their "open door policy" makes sure everyone's heard.  How far up my ass do you think my head is, Walton?  Also, shiny mirror is blindingly well-polished.

As a citizen of Arkansas, I apologize to the peoples of the world, especially those of the third world whom Walmart exploits, for allowing Walmart to come into being.  I may not have been alive at its founding, but the shame that comes with being born in its home state will always and forever be a black mark.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:37:34 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »
I don't know about Walmart, but I work at Publix and have a good time.  So it is possible to have a decent supermarket job.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »
The only way they got that powerful though was by screwing the little guy, trying to force companies to sell their products too them at or below cost, using "bait and switch" pricing tactics, and much more.  Walmart is one of the few stores that I flat out refuse to shop at.

Indeed. And they are so damn powerful, the bad press from using a shill wouldn’t hurt them badly enough to be a disincentive to using that shill.

Like it or not they are able to provide very low prices, which is a boon for financially-strapped consumers.

Many of their low prices are a matter of perception. There are plenty of places that can offer the same goods for just as cheap or cheaper. The funny thing is, I have heard stories of people that actually get upset when this is pointed out. If such stories are true, then Wal-Mart marketing about low prices has been so successful that there are people out there that have made a surprisingly heavy emotional investment in the idea that Wal-Mart always offers the lowest prices. And that is scary.
-A Pen Name