Author Topic: Children Shot and Killed at Connecticut School  (Read 34161 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: Children Shot and Killed at Connecticut School
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »
Can we submit FB quotes to the main page if they're absolutely awful?
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:47 pm »
This is horrifying. When I saw the headline this morning, it only said that the gunman was dead. Didn't mention any other casualties. I got home to see this on the news and am still in shock. This surpasses Columbine.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Yumeji

• Neonate
  • Asserted without proof = dismissed without proof.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 03:19:05 pm »
So fucked up.  As one of my friends said, "Who the fuck shoots up an elementary school??".

I don't know if it's still true, but I had heard that one whole class was still unaccounted for too.

Ironbite-and CUE THE GUN CONTROL DEBATES ANEW!

Already seen it on a few statuses or comments on Facebook.  Didn't take long at all for that to get fired up.

That's one of the things that bothers me. When people are looking for what the motivation for the shooter was, all I can think is "they shot up an elementary school, that tells you everything you need to know about their state of mind".

Edit: And the shooter's brother is in custody.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 03:20:55 pm by Yumeji »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »
God, Obama's statement was heart-wrenching.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 03:24:09 pm »
I hate to be that guy but...

...school psychologist?? Is that a standard thing in American schools?

As others have said, they're usually the counselors- a psychology degree is preferred because it allows the school to better recognize abuse cases (which the schools are required by law to report), improves the chances of success for students with learning disabilities, and so on. They're sort of a just-in-case person.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Yumeji

• Neonate
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 03:34:57 pm »
Hero teacher Kaitlin Roig tells ABC News that she barricaded her first grade students in classroom bathroom and locked the door when she first heard gun shots. “The kids were being so good. They asked: ‘Can we go see if anyone is out there? … I just want Christmas… I don’t want to die, I just want to have Christmas.’ I said, you’re going to have Christmas and Hanukkah.. I tried to be positive.”

----

That kind of thing just breaks your heart.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 03:51:21 pm »
I will never understand such senseless killing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »
There's no motivation for shooting up a classroom, especially full of children.  What I want to know is, where was school security?  I had to pull teeth just to get my brother our of class (after my mother called) and the lady glared at me if I so much as stepped to the hallway door to look.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Yumeji

• Neonate
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 04:10:13 pm »
There's no motivation for shooting up a classroom, especially full of children.  What I want to know is, where was school security?  I had to pull teeth just to get my brother our of class (after my mother called) and the lady glared at me if I so much as stepped to the hallway door to look.

Almost every school I've ever taught at, or gone to myself, doesn't have security or any type of officers. The largest school near me, with a 400ish students in their senior class, doesn't have anything other than cameras on campus. The smaller schools around here don't even have that.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 04:11:42 pm »
So apparently Fox news is ALREADY trying to scapegoat video games and gun control as the fault of the shooting.  Goddamn, they have no decency.  People JUST found out that they are going to be celebrating the holidays without their little kids, and you guys are already blaming the liberals?  Fuck you Fox.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Yumeji

• Neonate
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 04:15:41 pm »
So apparently Fox news is ALREADY trying to scapegoat video games and gun control as the fault of the shooting.  Goddamn, they have no decency.  People JUST found out that they are going to be celebrating the holidays without their little kids, and you guys are already blaming the liberals?  Fuck you Fox.

...wow.

I was already not a fan of Fox, but this... just fuck you Fox.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »
Can we please stop the Jack Thompson defense.  Hell after reading about this Saints Row was the only thing that remotely made me happy

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »
Goddamn it! I just found out about this and I am angry and sad. I don't have cable but I came across it on Facebook. Also, the fact that Christmas is near and some families lost their children was heart breaking; I want to cry. I want to know what the fuck is causing all these shootings this year; first with the Batman theater shooting, then the one in Oregon recently and now this? I wish that kind, caring aliens could take me off this fucking planet.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »
My facebook has exploded with anti American sentiment

"I want to feel sad for those American kids in Connecticut, but they were probably going to grow up into yankee douchbags, so fuck em"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Yumeji

• Neonate
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
My facebook has exploded with anti American sentiment

"I want to feel sad for those American kids in Connecticut, but they were probably going to grow up into yankee douchbags, so fuck em"

Sounds like you have some pretty... to use their word... "douchebag" friends on facebook. >.>