Author Topic: Dog (Sort of) Earns Masters Degree  (Read 2414 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Dog (Sort of) Earns Masters Degree
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:07:24 pm »
OK, the dog didn't really do it. But I thought this story was really cool...

Hero and his human

Meet Hero and his human. Hero is a service dog who knows over 40 commands to help his master retrieve objects and get around.

Hero's master posted this photo yesterday on reddit and we thought it was too amazing not to share, here's what she had to say: “This is my service dog, Hero, after we graduated with our Master’s degrees at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign.”
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Dog (Sort of) Earns Masters Degree
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12:25 pm »
Faith in humanity somewhat restored. :)
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:07:38 am »
Unfortunately, that makes the dog too smart for Congress.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 08:28:59 pm »

I remember hearing about some town that, after having such a bad mayor, elected a dog(Golden retriever I think). If my memory serves the dog served multiple terms and was considered to be a damn good mayor.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:41 am »

I remember hearing about some town that, after having such a bad mayor, elected a dog(Golden retriever I think). If my memory serves the dog served multiple terms and was considered to be a damn good mayor.

A town in Alaska does have a cat as its mayor.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »
Reading the thread title, I'm suddenly reminded of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kAnRgSPxI

I love this commercial!

"DUUUUUUUUUUKE!"

"Uh oh! Class dismissed!"