Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 398816 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1440 on: August 03, 2017, 08:03:38 am »
Wow...

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/trump-threatened-to-shut-down-filming-of-sharknado-3-because-he-didnt-get-cast-as-the-president-report/

In retrospect, maybe it would have been better for the country if Trump candidacy would have been associated with something like Sharknado 3.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1441 on: August 03, 2017, 09:54:07 am »
It already is.

Ironbite-oh and Rassmusin polls are below 50% now.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1442 on: August 03, 2017, 10:04:25 am »
Well, he's nothing if not consistent (ly egotistical).

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1443 on: August 03, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »
So Trump had a transcript of a past call with Mexican President Pena Nieto released to the public in which the Mexican president refused to pay for any border wall that Trump is going to try and put up. (As he should) Trump then went on to tell him that he can't make those claims because:

"You cannot say that to the press," Trump said on the phone call. "The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that. You cannot say that to the press because I cannot negotiate under those circumstances."

No shit Trump he's telling you there are no negotiations because he doesn't want to pay for your stupid dick wall. You can't run a country like a fucking business. A lot of countries don't want to negotiate because you want something.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1444 on: August 03, 2017, 08:16:43 pm »
Because he didn't want to be embarrassed when Congress overrode the veto.

Keep in mind that it was just a few Freedom Caucus types in the House, and Paul and Sanders in the Senate, who voted against it.

Of course, if he wasn't talking out of his ass, he would have had the last laugh if the Supreme Court were to strike it down. He clearly doesn't know how to play the long game.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1445 on: August 04, 2017, 01:11:10 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jim-justice-west-virginia-democrat-republican-trump-1.4234938

Gov. Jim Justice of West Virginia is switching parties from Democratic to Republican.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWg3oPkWyY

Audio of the phone call in which Anthony Scaramucci insulted everyone else.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:35:12 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1446 on: August 04, 2017, 03:47:24 am »
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN1AJ1SW

Don't quote me on this but it is possible that this investigation is not just a witch hunt even though Trump said so...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1447 on: August 04, 2017, 10:17:43 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jim-justice-west-virginia-democrat-republican-trump-1.4234938

Gov. Jim Justice of West Virginia is switching parties from Democratic to Republican.

Wanna know something about the West Virgina governor?  He was a Republican up to 2015 when he switched sides to run as a Dem in 2016.

Ironbite-FUN!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1448 on: August 04, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »

Wanna know something about the West Virgina governor?  He was a Republican up to 2015 when he switched sides to run as a Dem in 2016.

Ironbite-FUN!

Yep. Hooray for political opportunism!

EDIT: Also, if you criticise Gov. Justice for this but were A-OK with Sen. Specter's party switch, you're a partisan hack hypocrite. (And vice versa.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:05:38 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1449 on: August 05, 2017, 11:04:20 pm »
Well, it looks like Putin's mouthpiece is putting in overtime this week. Maybe the extra pay will allow him to get an extra large diet-Cola at the embassy.

Quote from: Julian Assange
Astounding to see 'liberals' place their hopes in Bush appointee Mueller (who tried to frame me in 2011).
Know your history:

We warned you

Opinion l If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama

Between Trump's directness & leaks the Trump admin is the most transparent in living memory--despite its policies. Good or bad?
68% Good
32% Bad
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1450 on: August 06, 2017, 06:13:37 am »

We warned you

[/quote]

What?? How is Trump targeting Journalists (which he's now doing with Sessions threatening to prosecute journalists over leaks) Obama's fault?  Is this a "thanks Obama" joke that's gone over my head or something?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1451 on: August 06, 2017, 11:35:29 am »

We warned you

What?? How is Trump targeting Journalists (which he's now doing with Sessions threatening to prosecute journalists over leaks) Obama's fault?  Is this a "thanks Obama" joke that's gone over my head or something?

No, it is "just ignore these terrible things Trump might do and blame Obama because he persecuted journalists in the pass. Therefore, give Trump a free pass and blame the black man."
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1452 on: August 06, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »
Oh hey New York Times just published a piece about Pence getting cozy with major Republican donors.  Donors who don't exactly like Trump.  Of course Pence's camp has denied it in the tones of "Oh MY GOD HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET SO CLOSE TO THE TRUTH!?" and the Orange Piss Pot is probably gonna be looking at Pence sideways.

Ironbite-ain't it nice?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1453 on: August 06, 2017, 08:37:50 pm »

Blaming Obama for his policy on whistleblowers, based on the picture.
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1454 on: August 06, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »
Trump does not deserve a free pass for any of his horrible policies.

Neither does Obama.

Nor Bush Jr.

Nor Clinton.

Nor Bush Sr.

Nor Reagan...