Author Topic: Franklin Graham to appeal to God to change the Notorious RBG's mind  (Read 2287 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
What is he going to appeal to God for?  Why none other then the same-sex marriage case that SCOTUS is deciding now that could change the very fabric of reality!

Prominent evangelist Franklin Graham wants Ruth Bader Ginsburg to finally “see the truth of Scripture” and vote against same-sex marriage as the Supreme Court gears up to rule on the matter next month.

Graham, who is the son of famous evangelical leader Billy Graham and president of the Samaritan’s Purse charity, took to Facebook to “pray” for Supreme Court justices as the vote approaches. Though nothing new for the staunchly anti-gay Graham, the evangelist showed particular audacity in his prayer for Ginsburg, which stated:

“Those who support same-sex marriage consider her an ally in their fight to toss God's Holy Word aside. ... let's pray that Justice Ginsburg's eyes would be opened to the truth of Scripture and that she would not be deceived by the arguments of those who seek to impose their 'new morality' on our nation.”

New morality eh buddy?  I guess it's moral to have an all knowing, all seeing God who can be shut down by a few weddings where the participants plumbing happens to match must be pretty flimsy to you.  I mean, you're asking God to change a former Rabbi's mind on something she feels pretty strong on.

Ironbite-pretty sure the Notorious RBG is gonna go the way she wants to, not the way you want to Frankie.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
If religious extremists only prayed for their cause and left out all the other stuff they do to force their views on others I would like them a lot more.

I mean if the ISIS just went around asking people to join their prayer meetings and didn't do all that other stuff they are known for it would be a much nicer world.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Prayer is all they have left.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
I love the new nickname for Ginsburg, THE NOTORIOUS R.B.G!

Let's hope she doesn't end up like B.I.G. guy, there's some NUTS out there!

Still, she sounds badass with that nickname!

GO, GINSBURG!!!!