Author Topic: Man impregnates sister, then 'honor' kills her.  (Read 6318 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Man impregnates sister, then 'honor' kills her.
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:59:19 pm »
It don't get more fucked up that this. 

A man has killed his pregnant teenage sister in south Lebanon in what was seen as an honor crime - the murder of a woman accused of shaming her family.

Voice of Lebanon radio (100.5) said Friday that the body of Baghdad Khaled al-Issa, 18, was found with stab wounds in her head and sides in the area of al-Wazzani.

Investigators discovered that her brother Jihad, 21, had killed her in what is described as an honor crime, VDL said.

It added that the victim was seven months pregnant.

Later on Friday, LBCI television reported that the investigation with Jihad revealed that he had raped his sister, which lead to her pregnancy.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/71106-lebanese-man-impregnates-his-sister-kills-her-in-honor-crime

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Re: Man impregnates sister, then 'honor' kills her.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:05:47 pm »

A man has killed his pregnant teenage sister in south Lebanon in what was seen as an honor crime - the murder of a woman accused of shaming her family.

Voice of Lebanon radio (100.5) said Friday that the body of Baghdad Khaled al-Issa, 18, was found with stab wounds in her head and sides in the area of al-Wazzani.

Investigators discovered that her brother Jihad, 21, had killed her in what is described as an honor crime, VDL said.

Later on Friday, LBCI television reported that the investigation with Jihad revealed that he had raped his sister, which lead to her pregnancy.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/71106-lebanese-man-impregnates-his-sister-kills-her-in-honor-crime
If he wanted to "honor kill" anybody, he should have committed suicide.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »
It certainly doesn't. :/
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:32:52 pm »
Wow.  Now that's just fucked up.

Ironbite-just so fucked up that this is so commonplace.

wrightway

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
I'd ask what's wrong with the family that THIS was the acceptable course of action, but I think the brother's name is all the answer I need.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 03:03:49 pm »
"Jihad" translates as "struggle" as well as "holy war" in Arabic. For a contextual cultural translation, think of a name such as "Victor" or "Hunter". It's a fairly common name in the ME, and not really meant to be radical, per se.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

wrightway

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 03:10:05 pm »
I did not know that. Thank you.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:20 pm »

If he wanted to "honor kill" anybody, he should have committed suicide.

Indeed.  Words can not describe the rage I feel over how fucked up this is.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »
I'm not even going to read the article. I'm going to round up the guys in the family & HONOR KILL THEM!

I'm surprised that the women in these societies don't just suddenly snap & blow up everything!

Was the brother too embarrassed to admit he raped her then admitted it after the fact? I MIGHT see some vague, screwed up logic behind that. Jerk rapes sis...sis gets pregnant...jerk is embarrassed...decides to get rid of the whole mess by claiming sis was "promiscuous" so he can kill her & she wouldn't "talk"...jerk feels guilty anyway and admits the rape, anyway.

However, if everyone knew she was raped by her brother from the beginning but killed her anyway that would be even more fouled up than the above foul scenario.

Again, I won't read the details because I don't feel like losing it and writing one of my crazy posts that make everyone's eyes roll.

wrightway

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »
I finally read the article. What a peach. Drunkenly rapes his sister and then kills her because she refused to get the abortion he demanded. The only honor he was killing for was his own.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 07:50:47 pm »
I can't find the words to describe how disgusted I am by this.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
I hope he gets SOME sort of punishment, the sexist, incestuous, drunken, rapey slime!

If he does, it'll probably be small potatoes.

I don't know how Lebanese law & culture is on these things, perhaps they're slightly saner than Iran or Saudi Arabia. I dunno.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 01:54:42 am »
*sighs* So the bastard rapes his sister, then kills her when she won't abort. What a sack of shit. No, seriously, now I want to do something Satanish. I will say that my punishment for him would first involve an injection of platypus venom, followed by a "friendly" visit from a few ratels and a hive of killer bees. THEN it goes downhill from there. I will broach that part no further, lest I incur the wrath of the mods.

Anyone know what laws would govern this event? I'm rather curious myself. Life in front of the firing squad would be nice, but him being stoned to death would be good too.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 02:10:22 am »
No idea but this will be prosecuted.  The only reason we hear about honor killings is because they occur in the lawless lands

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 02:43:08 am »
No idea but this will be prosecuted.  The only reason we hear about honor killings is because they occur in the lawless lands
They happen elsewhere as well. Apparently balconies are REALLY dangerous to immigrant girls in Sweden since they often "accidentally" fall off from them.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!