Author Topic: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread  (Read 9167 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:43:53 pm »
Because I think we're well overdue for one.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 05:06:48 pm »
first response: i'm totally cool with it. more business for me and my colleagues while simultaneously granting haven to those in need. win win. also, keeping the "terre d'accueil" tradition alive.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 06:14:41 pm »
Strongly against, electrify the gates. Guard em, keep them out before its too late.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:30:55 pm »
Strongly against, electrify the gates. Guard em, keep them out before its too late.

Too late, Hofstadter. European migrants already colonized the world and currently control it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:36 am »
Here's another atrocious crime apparently committed by migrants:

http://www.jpost.com/International/North-African-men-attempt-to-stone-transgender-women-in-German-city-441695

I have every reason to believe that most migrants are good people.  But if the authorities don't deal with incidents like these, they just give more ammo to the far-right.

Even Then

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 11:47:34 am »
But the police... are dealing with the Cologne attacks?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 11:58:04 am »
But the police... are dealing with the Cologne attacks?

As far as I know.  And that's a good thing.

But on the other hand, you have cases like Rotherham, where the authorities were reluctant to investigate a pedophile ring.  Why?  Because the culprits were mostly Pakistani, and they were afraid of being called racist.

Even Then

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 12:17:17 pm »
...yeah, that's something I'll call BS on unless you have a statement from the authorities where they're literally stating they're reluctant to investigate specifically because the suspects are Pakistani.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 12:27:09 pm »
...yeah, that's something I'll call BS on unless you have a statement from the authorities where they're literally stating they're reluctant to investigate specifically because the suspects are Pakistani.

Alright, here you go:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28939089

The report found: "Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

Even Then

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 12:31:13 pm »
...huh.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 02:17:46 pm »
A Finnish parliament member, Pentti Oinonen, recently wrote to a newspaper and complained about cops doing nothing to catch the refugees who commit rape. He mentioned an example where a 15 year old girl had been raped at Kuopio and said that the police aren't doing anything about it. Lots

Soon after the newspaper came out he got a call from the police which apparently went something like this "Hi this is the police department of Kuopio. You recently mentioned a rape at our city with a 15 year old victim but no such crime has been reported to us. Obviously you didn't just make up this, because saying that a PM would make up rape cases to incite hate against refugees is simply preposterous so we are very interested in knowing more about this incident. If you could show up at the nearest police station for an interview that would be great."

...The next day Oinonen was again writing to a magazine and complaining about the police over reach and that he has no intention of entering a police station willingly. "Send 4-5 strong men to carry me by force" he said. Apparently when he is making up crimes by the immigrants it is shameful that the police aren't doing anything but when the police show interest on those crimes and willingness to investigate then it is ridiculous that they torment him with their questionings?

The debacle went on for a while until he finally released a statement saying that he had been mistaken at the date and the victims age and the rape had happened a bit earlier (in other words, his bluff was called and he went through records to find any case even slightly similar and claimed that he was talking about that one.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 02:55:03 pm »
A Finnish parliament member, Pentti Oinonen, recently wrote to a newspaper and complained about cops doing nothing to catch the refugees who commit rape. He mentioned an example where a 15 year old girl had been raped at Kuopio and said that the police aren't doing anything about it. Lots

Soon after the newspaper came out he got a call from the police which apparently went something like this "Hi this is the police department of Kuopio. You recently mentioned a rape at our city with a 15 year old victim but no such crime has been reported to us. Obviously you didn't just make up this, because saying that a PM would make up rape cases to incite hate against refugees is simply preposterous so we are very interested in knowing more about this incident. If you could show up at the nearest police station for an interview that would be great."

...The next day Oinonen was again writing to a magazine and complaining about the police over reach and that he has no intention of entering a police station willingly. "Send 4-5 strong men to carry me by force" he said. Apparently when he is making up crimes by the immigrants it is shameful that the police aren't doing anything but when the police show interest on those crimes and willingness to investigate then it is ridiculous that they torment him with their questionings?

The debacle went on for a while until he finally released a statement saying that he had been mistaken at the date and the victims age and the rape had happened a bit earlier (in other words, his bluff was called and he went through records to find any case even slightly similar and claimed that he was talking about that one.)

Hope he loses his seat.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 08:10:59 pm »

Too late for what?  What do you think is going to happen?

Are Syrian refugees more likely to be rapists, or are Syrian rapists just given more attention because they can be used to promote anti-refugee bigotry?

Now I can believe that the percentage of migrants who are rapists might be higher then the percentage of Europeans, due to feminism being further behind in the middle east, but I'd still need some evidence.  At any rate the majority of Syrian refugees are not rapists.  Should we really deny safety to a non-rapist because he came from the same country as a rapist?  Americans are more likely to shoot people then Canadians, should we ban Americans from entering Canada over this?

Anyway as a partly Irishman, this blog post struck a chord with me
http://whistlinginthewind.org/2015/12/09/muslims-are-the-new-irish/

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
I suspect Hof was taking a piss at the thread's title being b]European[/b] Migrant and Refugee etc. Not Muslim migrants, which is what UP meant to say, I think.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »
Still can't see the connection between British Pakistanis and Syrian Refugees aside from the fact that both are mostly Muslim. Pakistanis have been a large community in Britain for generations.