Author Topic: 16 year olds tweet Calls for Obama's assassnation  (Read 2272 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
16 year olds tweet Calls for Obama's assassnation
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »
Someone needs to assassinate Obama...like ASAP #DieYouPieceOfShit

That tweet has been RT'd over 300 times.  Over sixty people have marked it as a Favorite.  The kid has actually gained followers since she tweeted that.  I can only hope that the Secret Service and FBI are already contacting her and her parents, as we all should be contacting the Cincinnati Secret Service Field Office at CINCINNATI 513-684-3585 or the FBI via its tips website.  As is, ordinary citizens have already pastebinned  basic, openly, and publicly available information about her, including her school's contact info, should you feel inclined to leave an overnight message about hope or give an early morning ring to the Principal.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/07/1128805/-THE-CHOICE-When-16-Year-Old-Alyssa-Douglas-Calls-For-The-President-s-Assassination-on-Twitter

here's another link to the story
http://www.politicususa.com/16-year-old-assassinate-president.html

Oh Look, some little twit just ruined their lives. Stay Classy, folks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:20:36 pm by nickiknack »

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: 16 year old tweet Calls for Obama's assassnation
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »
The link is broken.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: 16 year old tweet Calls for Obama's assassnation
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:58:01 pm »
ok, fixed it. Thanks for telling me.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: 16 year olds tweet Calls for Obama's assassnation
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »
You know people take shit too seriously when the secret service investigate 16 year old girl on twitter. Seriously, 16 year old girl, twitter. TWITTER.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »
This kind of comment isn't uncommon from 16 year olds in my area, or 15, 14, 13, 17, 18, and everywhere-past-that olds too. I've heard 17 year olds calling for a revolution and saying they would fully support one. "The south will rise again," is often said around here completely seriously. And that is why I'm preparing for the worst case scenario with right wing nutters possibly pulling some stupid shit come the election in November.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 10:29:29 am »
You know people take shit too seriously when the secret service investigate 16 year old girl on twitter. Seriously, 16 year old girl, twitter. TWITTER.

I don't think this really calls for an investigation per se. Just a couple people pulling up in Crown Vics and getting out wearing the black suits and sunglasses. Then letting the kid know in no uncertain terms this shit ain't cool, so knock it off.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:05 am »

I agree, if anything the SS should be poking around the 60 odd people who listed that tweet as their favorite.
The thing is, someone can say how much someone should die until the end of time, it is not acting on nor planning to do anything about it so it really warrants no special interest other than noticing someone whining again.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:12 am »
It does warrant an investigation, at least as long as they've ascertained that this is indeed a 16yo girl on Twitter, and not more/someone/thing else.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »
I don't care where it came from, who it came from, or why it came from.  You threaten the President directly, Secret Service will be visiting you soon.

Ironbite-don't care if you're 5 or 500....you will be called to task for your words.