Author Topic: 2014 Election Season  (Read 1889 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
2014 Election Season
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »
Time to discuss the Primaries and the general elections for the House and the Senate.

Seems like, as with most primaries, this is the season the wacko-birds migrate back into their summer habitats, and begin their crooning. We have a Southern Sarah Palin, an unrepentant sociopath running in Kansas against a guy whose never in Kansas and accidentally admitted as much, and a bizarre group of people running in Nevada.

Any particular races have your attention?

I mean, if McConnell could be gotten rid of, and Lindsey Graham likewise, we could see some interesting developments.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: 2014 Election Season
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »
No matter how you slice it, this is going to be interesting.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:58:41 pm »
Just make sure those of you who can vote, do so.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:07 pm »
I know I will - there is no way I am letting the chance slide this time.

Is there anything big going on in California, that vulture capitalist's bid for a bunch of new states aside?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:55:11 am »
I can't help but be negative. I feel that even though congress has had the worst approval rating in US history that well still be stuck with most of these assholes. And that the Republicans will take the senate.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 05:29:55 pm »

Really, for most states this might be the case... I live in northern Idaho, though, so there's really no point in me voting... for any office, really.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 05:43:30 pm »
Georgia's races are gonna be quite close.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

Really, for most states this might be the case... I live in northern Idaho, though, so there's really no point in me voting... for any office, really.

It's always worth voting, if only so that the winner's margin of victory is smaller (assuming you support a candidate you do not think will win).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:47:09 pm »
To anyone who live in the "Red States," and those where leaders and rampantly homophobic, misogynistic, greedy, all around antisocial:

• If you care about the LGBT+ community, don't vote Republican.
  • If you think a woman (or anyone) should have a choice and should not be told what to do with their body, don't vote Republican.
  • If you think the lower and middle class get paid too little and want the minimum wage to be increased, don't vote Republican.
  • If Evolution is not a matter of opinion and a scientific fact and critical thinking will help our children succeed in life, don't vote Republican.
  • If you think the First Amendment and Treaty of Tripoli are significant and the Church has no place in the State, don't vote Republican.

A majority of the Republican Party have become lunatic fringes (read: political and religious zealots) and are extremely unreliable if Freedom of Speech, Human Rights and Rule of Law is what matters more than anything to you as an citizen of the United States: A nation that has promised civil liberty since its conception and said concept having been so full of shit for just as long (remember, our Founding Fathers would today be seen as abhorrent, for they supported slavery). That is not to say there aren't Democrats who are also lying, thieving bastards themselves (keep in mind, I am with the Green Party, but this is unfortunately an unrealistic option if I want the Republican party to be defeated here in Texas).

Keep all this in mind, I am not a perfect person and you may know something I don't know, otherwise I would tell you to spread the word.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:52 am »
Rock Scott out by whatever means.
I don't care who replaces him but I would prefer Charlie Crist.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 04:35:47 am »
Rock Scott out by whatever means.
I don't care who replaces him but I would prefer Charlie Crist.

Crist jumps back and forth so much I don't trust him, but that would make Scott pretty much the only alternative.

As for anyone in Congress in FL running this year, I'm doing my best to make sure none of them are Republicans.  I'd prefer a congress that actually works.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »
At least with Christ you know he is going to go with what is popular and try not to piss off his current party because he wants higher office.  With Scott it is about making sure his businesses can make more money when he leave office.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:51 pm »
Last year, I actually sat out an election due to sheer apathy. I'm.... ashamed, to say the least. Every teacher I've had and admired would bitch slap me for it, and rightfully so. This year, that will not happen. Eventually, the Tea Party movement will fade away. Either from the older generation passing, or a Republican will take office and the unchecked military state will be awesome again. Until then, I guess I'll be doing my part.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 10:28:46 am »
Shit that reminds me I still haven't registered to vote. Better do that soon since I don't want that idiot Gindel back in office.