Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387804 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2016, 12:28:50 am »
Part of that "Liberal bias" is that the "conservatives" in USA have some policies and ideas that are simply unacceptable in today's society. They support torture and then act like they have been betrayed when the media points out that torture is unconstitutional. They support militias arming up and having a stand off with the police over stolen property and believe that the media is part of some government conspiracy when they do not support armed insurgents. They have specifically decided to oppose GLBT rights time and time again and it is true that liberals are more likely to support equality for all but on matters like this the younger generations are generally more open minded regardless of political ideology so conservatives being proud of their opposition to any changes that would end discrimination (or even trying to make new laws that would discriminate more) is another thing where the conservatives themselves are the ones who cause this rift between them and liberals in USA.

Granted that not every conservative thinks like that but when more and more of them shift towards the right it makes them think that everyone else if moving to the left. "Clinging to their Bibles and their guns" as a reaction to a world that is evolving and scaring them is just making the divide between the people of USA bigger.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:08 am »
Except the liberal media can be worse than "just" biased. Sometimes, it's outright dishonest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxHOLWiUnA
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2016, 02:56:17 pm »
There is also the factor that the reporters and other people in mid to low positions tend to be socially liberal (at least in Finland and based on hearsay it's similar in the States) and that can lead to distorted reporting. On the other hand, when you go up the corporate ladder the social issues start to fade more to the background and the economical right wing ideology starts shining through. In this macro scale any liberal agenda only matters as a tool for making more money which means the corporations don't let their underlings ruffle too many feathers. Superficial, easily swallowed product is what they are after and the socially liberal issues are easily shaped into feel-good fluff or superficial outrage.

I'm not saying that the fluff or outrage is always bad or misleading. It just isn't in the interests of the big media companies to dig deeper into structural and economical issues since these work for the corporations's advantage which keeps the reporting superficial. This deeper reporting is what the newspaper media excels in and hopefully this type of reporting not just stays alive but actually has its voice heard.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »
Speaking as someone who studied journalism, I think people have a complete lack of understanding of how much work a journalist is supposed to do to avoid editorializing their work. There is such a thing as a "creeping bias." You have to remember that journalists aren't emotionless robots and that they have their own views on the issues they're covering. It's why a diverse press is not just important, but vital to the health of the field of journalism. It's also why I pay more attention to outsider outlets like the BBC and Al Jazeera than MSNBC or Fox.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »
Interesting: http://qz.com/843972/donald-trump-is-not-even-in-the-white-house-and-reince-preibus-his-chief-of-staff-is-allegedly-already-lying-to-him/

This would explain how Pence came out of nowhere to replace Christie. If true then Trump really is nothing but a puppet for Manafort/Putin.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2016, 03:42:08 pm »
Interesting: http://qz.com/843972/donald-trump-is-not-even-in-the-white-house-and-reince-preibus-his-chief-of-staff-is-allegedly-already-lying-to-him/

This would explain how Pence came out of nowhere to replace Christie. If true then Trump really is nothing but a puppet for Manafort/Putin.

Which won't really sit too well with him once he's in office and has "real" power.

Ironbite-I expect a blood bath in the White House.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2016, 01:28:13 am »
It would be just perfect if Trump's little board of executives fought each other so bitterly he ended up doing absolutely nothing.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2016, 03:46:42 am »
Welp, apparently conservatives are having shitfits because Trump won't lock up Hillary Clinton. He's also "disavowed" the alt right-after they helped him get into office, they're having shitfits too and getting into slapfights with each other over it.

Who would have thunk that The Drumpf would have been less than straightforward with his greatest fans.?  ;D

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2016, 03:50:52 am »
Welp, apparently conservatives are having shitfits because Trump won't lock up Hillary Clinton. He's also "disavowed" the alt right-after they helped him get into office, they're having shitfits too and getting into slapfights with each other over it.

Who would have thunk that The Drumpf would have been less than straightforward with his greatest fans.?  ;D

Don't worry. He'll still dismantle the Affordable Care Act, repeal all of Obama's executive orders on things like overtime pay and climate regulations, and give massive tax cuts to the rich.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2016, 04:14:48 am »

Don't worry. He'll still dismantle the Affordable Care Act, repeal all of Obama's executive orders on things like overtime pay and climate regulations, and give massive tax cuts to the rich.
I don't doubt he'll do all of those things, slightly sadder will be the promises he'll break to the rust belt.

Folks, your new president won't bring back your factories and coal mines. And as for clearing the lobbyists out of Washington, they all have sweet spots on his transition team. Pretty much what all those urban hipsters whose window you tried to brick tried to warn you about really.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2016, 04:28:57 am »

How is he "disavowing" them when he keeps giving them cushy government jobs?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:37 am »

How is he "disavowing" them when he keeps giving them cushy government jobs?
Welp, apparently Bannon is still groovy in Trump's book because...I dunno, the peasants aren't ready for "Hail Victory's" in public just yet and Bannon acts just like all the rest of them except for the dressing and Seig Heiling like a National Front reject from Britain in the 1980s part.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:37:13 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2016, 04:43:23 am »
I miss the good old days when Neo-Nazis looked like this and didn't have any political support...

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2016, 04:49:58 am »
How do tasteless Chinese cosplayers manage to look better than the real thing?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2016, 04:51:09 am »
I bet you are glad that you didn't elect the candidate that couldn't keep national secrets properly stored.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/21/kris-kobach-accidentally-leaked-homeland-security-plans-during-a-photo-op/

...Oops.