Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387567 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #555 on: January 29, 2017, 06:46:16 pm »
4Channers, Goobergaters and neo-Nazis can't make a coherent team and they are either fighting over which one of them is the coolest or whether or not they should be closeted Nazis or in full-Nazi mode.

I don't actually miss Ultimate Prattle On/Alcoholic Flagon but It'd be entertaining to see what kind of rhetorical bullshit he'd spout to justify being totes progressive while concern trolling crocodile tears about how the "real progressives" in the alt-right are being oppressed by mean radflakes.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:57 pm »
The only good is Bannom may have played his hand waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to fucking soon.  It's gonna be interesting now that the fucking Koches have drawn a line in the sand over this.

Ironbite-they need to get control of the Orange Piss Pot before the mid term campaigns start or the people are gonna swing blue haaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2017, 05:25:01 am »
So... is there anyone apart from the customs agents and the majority of the senate on Trumps side anymore? Because he lost the LAPD now: http://usuncut.com/news/lapd-police-chief-just-openly-rebelled-trumps-immigration-orders/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2017, 08:41:49 am »
Did he ever have the support of the LAPD? We're taking about the most liberal part of California.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2017, 08:53:23 am »
Good point, but now they are openly defying his order. (Or at least the organization is. Statistically it's likely that he has some supporters among them as well.)

EDIT: http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/30/14442046/tom-price-innate-immunotherapeutics

Who's surprised? Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:24:45 pm by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #562 on: January 31, 2017, 07:55:45 am »
Not only that but by banning muslims he's legitimizing their holy war they want so badly with the west.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #563 on: February 01, 2017, 01:18:24 am »
Number of days it took each President to achieve majority disapproval in polling (note: not lacking a majority approving, but having an outright majority disapproving):

Ronald Reagan: 727
George H. W. Bush: 1,336
Bill Clinton: 573
George W. Bush: 1,205
Barack Obama: 936
Donald Trump: 8
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #564 on: February 01, 2017, 04:53:12 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trumps-education-secretary-pick-plagiarized-her-senate-questionnaire-responses-report/

Somebody please tell me that Rawstory is one of the Onion-type fake news sites because this is too cliche to be real. The new head of the department of education copied her answers off of net.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:41 am »
Nope

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2017, 06:55:22 pm »
Rex Tillerson, former CEO of Exxon-Mobil, which had a multi-billion contract with Russia killed by Obama administration sanctions over the invasion of Crimea, has been confirmed as Secretary of State. His qualifications for this position can be found behind the spoiler tag.

(click to show/hide)

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00036

Three Democratic Senators voted for confirming him: Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Joe Manchin (D-WV), and Mark Warner (D-VA). Additionally, Angus King (I-ME), who caucuses with the Democrats, voted to confirm him.

No Republican Senators opposed Tillerson's nomination. Chris Coons (D-DE) did not vote.

Note: Sens. Heitkamp, Manchin, and Warner have all received large donations from the energy industry and support the Keystone XL pipeline. Sen. King opposed the Keystone XL pipeline.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:09 pm »
God damn it Warner.....for fucks sake man.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2017, 02:32:21 am »
Australia's PM Malcolm Turnbull and Trump are having a spat over who hates Muslim refugees more.

Turnbull had made an agreement with Obam to take some asylum seekers trapped in rapey hellhole Manus Island. Trump has reacted pretty much as you'd expect him to calling it a "dumb deal" and allegedly hanging up on Turnbull.

Turbull is in a bit of a bind here, he thought he'd scored a political coup because Aussie conservatives hate refugees as much as American ones and he could get America to take them. But then the American ones voted for Trump...

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #569 on: February 02, 2017, 02:39:01 am »
Trump presidency will not last four years. I don't think it will last even a year. The way this is going the first shots will be fired sooner or later and I'm not sure how many sides the second US civil war will have but it is coming and it will be soon.

(Granted that I would not be surprised if Trump's side will win the war but I'm sure they'll think of a new title for him when he rules the YUGE STATES OF MURICA.)

EDIT: and that Australia thingy. The most offensive part of this, in my mind, is how Trump is really using newspeak. "Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!"

Note, "illegal immigrants." He is talking about refugees and lumping them together with the people who cross the border illegally. This is despicable.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:41:35 am by Askold »