Author Topic: Designing my own city...  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: Designing my own city...
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 12:41:34 am »
Underground rail is really nice in areas that get a decent amount of snow because it can keep running more or less on schedule. It is also really fucking expensive. This extension in Toronto is going to cost $2.6 billion.

For 8.6 kilometers.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 12:53:57 am »
don't worry you'll have plenty of money when Quebec finally loses it's shit and succeeds from the rest of the country

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 12:56:19 am »
don't worry you'll have plenty of money when Quebec finally loses it's shit and succeeds from the rest of the country
When Quebec succeeds? What exactly are they succeeding at? Being a bunch of drama whores?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:10 am »
Underground rail is really nice in areas that get a decent amount of snow because it can keep running more or less on schedule. It is also really fucking expensive. This extension in Toronto is going to cost $2.6 billion.

For 8.6 kilometers.

Well, NYC is STILL working on the Second Avenue Line. 13.7 kilometers (8.5 miles) under one avenue, something done all over the island on multiple lines.. It began in 1929 and they don't even expect the first phase (only 2 miles, or 3.2 kilometers) to be open until 2016. The whole thing is costing $17 billion when finished.

How many reasons do you need to take nearly a century to get a single subway line up?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:37 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzirIG55fkE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzirIG55fkE</a>

Here's a masterpiece of urban design. I'm gonna cry rivers when this amazing old man dies. He was buddies with Buckminster Fuller, and some people think Disney got some of his design ideas for EPCOT after seeing Jacque Fresco's work. I live just an hour's drive away from Fresco's place in Venus, Florida. Gotta get my butt over there to see it and meet him before he passes on.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 02:46:00 pm »
You ever see Bucky's Dymaxion House? They've got one in the Henry Ford museum up near Detroit. Built as a kit, able to be set up on site rapidly and suitable for any environment. The details are here, but it's a damn cool design.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 05:30:09 pm »
I kind of wish I could start a utopia, where the people have no idea what's going on except for what I let in. But I'd make it really nice for them. Or just fuck with them. Like teach them that without penguins the universe would collapse, and that penguins were responsible for all order in the universe. I'd keep the utopia chilly, and have everyone be slaves to the penguins. Yeah something like that.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!