Author Topic: Terror attack in Brussels  (Read 3854 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Terror attack in Brussels
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:43 pm »
Drumpf just called Belgium a city and called for moar waterboarding. He also suggested the Belgian police should hand all terror suspects over to the military because that would do...something.
Because military would be tough on them. Not like those softy police officers who are trained in how to interrogate suspects and get information from them. That kind of training is just like other non-physical education: it's for liberal pussies.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 04:43:45 pm »
I was merely trying to demonstrate that trying to promote your agenda almost immediately after a tragedy just comes off as tacky and insensitive.  Here's my advice: wait a couple days for things to cool down, then play politics.

If I may retort with an opposing viewpoint:

Difference is, 4chan and Reddit have anonymity, as does most of the Internet.  Standards of politeness are higher in meatspace.

This is an internet forum. We're allowed to vent about how religion poisons everything, and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »
I was merely trying to demonstrate that trying to promote your agenda almost immediately after a tragedy just comes off as tacky and insensitive.  Here's my advice: wait a couple days for things to cool down, then play politics.

If I may retort with an opposing viewpoint:

Difference is, 4chan and Reddit have anonymity, as does most of the Internet.  Standards of politeness are higher in meatspace.

This is an internet forum. We're allowed to vent about how religion poisons everything, and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.
I wonder if we could make a whole thread of UP vs UP on everything.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:40 pm »
Cool, a Forum Game I might actually play.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.