Author Topic: WoW  (Read 5765 times)

wrightway

WoW
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:22:02 am »
I'm considering getting my account back when I get a laptop, but I've heard upwards of a quarter of the user base split over the new patches. Are they really that bad?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: WoW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:08:07 am »
Having just canceled my account due to getting bored from a lack of people to play with (again. A shame, too. I at least wanted to last as long as it took to kill Garrosh Hellscream as I hate that bastard), no, its never that bad. The fanbase just whines over everything because WoW has one of the worst general communities I've ever experienced in an MMO, and I played Tera for a while.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »
No, it's not that bad but I don't know the state of things now since I left the game around the time Cataclysm came out which was a year ago I think.

wrightway

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:11:15 pm »
There's been a huge issue with win traders since Panderians are cross faction. But most of the complaints I've heard have to do with the new patch. Though, hearing you two, I'm wondering if the whining isn't because the new patches were supposed to curb that.

I never made it off Outlands with my highest. And my ex had just gotten to Panderia with his when we gave up our account. Who takes over the Horde if you get to kill off Hellscream?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »
Some are speculating that Thrall is coming back, but Blozzard says otherwise. The last speculation I heard was Vol'Jin since he' the one organizing the rebellion against Hellacream. Personally, I want Baine Bloodhoof so the Tauren can actually do something if consequence for once.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00:00 pm »
WoW has no greater haterbase than its own fans.

Incidentally, that applies to pretty much every fandom today, whether it's video games or otherwise.

As for myself, I can't afford the monthly fee for WoW.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

wrightway

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 08:49:07 pm »
I would love to see some decent justification for why the Taurin are in the Horde when they seem to have more of an Alliance attitude. Speaking as someone who much prefers playing Horde.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 09:05:14 pm »
I would love to see some decent justification for why the Taurin are in the Horde when they seem to have more of an Alliance attitude. Speaking as someone who much prefers playing Horde.

Probably because the Alliance wouldn't take them.

Same with the Blood Elves, really.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »
I play Tauren, and I can't wait to see Vol'jin as the new Warchief.

That being said, the reason for the rage lately is the lackluster patches, and that they're going to be implementing a real-money AH... because we saw just how well THAT worked out for Diablo 3, right?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:32 pm »

Probably because the Alliance wouldn't take them.

Same with the Blood Elves, really.

The Tauren are with The Horde because Thrall helped them relocate to Mulgore, where they're now based. It helps that Cairne Bloodhoof was Thrall's best friend and closest ally. The Blood Elves joined The Horde with The Forsaken's help because they felt betrayed by The Alliance.

I'm sure that the Tauren could have joined The Alliance if they really wanted to as they're quite close to the Night Elves and their beliefs and culture aren't incompatible with The Alliance.

EDIT: Also, I swear that having the players take down Hellscream was only because Blizzard failed to realize that the fans HATED him. I honestly think that Blizzard wanted us to like him and accept him as Warchief, especially with them going out of their way to have him do things that are closer to what Thrall would have done, despite being completely out of character for him.

Not to mention that it was absurd to hand that unstable asshole The Horde in the first place. If Thrall was being as smart as he normally would have been, he would have handed the title of Warchief over to Cairne as he was The Horde's second in command, Thrall's best friend and greatly respected among the Orcs. There are only two explanations of Hellscream being named Warchief: 1, Blizzard honestly expected fans to like Hellscream as Warchief or 2, Blizzard colossally fucked up writing that idea.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:48:40 pm by Wolf Lord Waldorf X »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 12:38:15 am »
People like charismatic assholes.

People hate uncharismatic assholes.

People on the outside just see people liking some asshole and hating others.

Incidentally, I know enough about Garrosh to want to garrot him.

Garrot Garrosh!

Garrot Garrosh!

GARROT GARROSH!

wrightway

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »
We have an historian on the forum. I didn't know a quarter of that about the Turin.

While most of the leaders amongst the Horde do severely questionable things (oh Sylvanis, I love you but you're a well intentioned bitch) they do them for good reasons. Garrosh is just an extremist who needs his ass kicked. His reaction to the Panderians was terrifying.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »
I play Tauren, and I can't wait to see Vol'jin as the new Warchief.

That being said, the reason for the rage lately is the lackluster patches, and that they're going to be implementing a real-money AH... because we saw just how well THAT worked out for Diablo 3, right?

From what I read it's not a real money AH, it's some vanity gear for real money. The ingame purchases thing is for Chinese, Taiwanese and Korean servers officially, where they pay by the hour. They're not stupid enough to put it on the other servers...I hope...because if they did the forums would implode even more spectacularly than normal (I'm on EU so the forums are smaller but quirkier).

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:21:27 am »
One of my friends convinced me to get Pandaria when it came out and we got our mains to end level and were raiding for a while, but I haven't been back in since, god I don't even know when.  Last patch I played was the first Thunder King patch.  It honestly wasn't all that bad, but like Waldorf said, I had almost nobody to play with.  I think I only know like 3 people who still have active WoW accounts.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 02:52:20 am »
I don't really have anything spectacular to add, but I am thinking of joining wow again. The thing for me is that my primary mode of play is to play solo and explore the landscape while trying to not get killed.

The feeling I got was that wow has become somewhat lackluster. The big patches are not having as much pull or retraining people as well anymore. So Wow is probably reaching the mid stage of the slow spiral into death. Which is a pity because it is one of the most immersive MMO's out there.