Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Society and History / Re: Gillete Ad Upsets Manosphere Crybabies
« Last post by Katsuro on January 18, 2019, 01:57:59 am »
...Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this.

I think a good way to determine if something is sexist against men is to add the adjective "black" and see if that makes it racist. With that in mind, let's imagine this commercial was targeted at black men.

What's the result? Black males being portrayed as violent, perverted assholes, and a heavy implication - if not an outright statement - that most black men either do that kind of shit or are complicit in it. Wouldn't you say that's racist?

Honestly, while I'm not as offended as some of these complainers, the ad still gets under my skin. But if you're not offended by it, whatever. You're entitled to your opinions.

So if the advert was different, and had - and existed in -  a totally different context, it would be bad so therefore the one that exists is bad? Yes, sound reasoning.
« Last post by niam2023 on January 18, 2019, 01:05:00 am »
...yeah, as a guy who lifts every damn day and engages in typically masculine pursuits I do not see the problem.

Just comes off as;

MGTOW: Feminists aren't doing anything for male bullying and cruel social pressure!
Also MGTOW: WE DONT NEED YOUR LADY STUFF! ITS GIRLY TO NEED HELP!
« Last post by Eiki-mun on January 18, 2019, 12:38:13 am »
Just watched the video. As a very masculine, male man who puts his blue jeans on one leg at a time, I... I don't see the issue. "Bullying is bad. Sexual harassment is bad. And we men are better than this, and we should act better, because our children are watching and they're learning from us, so let's be the best men we can be." That's the message that I took away from that video, and that's really not a bad message. So yeah, put me in the camp of people who just don't get the outrage.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on January 17, 2019, 11:19:07 pm »
All I said was that he reminds me of someone, which he honestly does, not that he's definitely a sockpuppet.
« Last post by niam2023 on January 17, 2019, 10:57:51 pm »
PLEASE at least wait for some other evidence to come in. This will just make us all look utterly paranoid.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Chaos Undivided on January 17, 2019, 09:54:15 pm »

Apparently, it's not just white supremacists who edit Garrison cartoons.
« Last post by niam2023 on January 17, 2019, 09:14:09 pm »
...oh dear not this again...
« Last post by ironbite on January 17, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
No you're not the only one.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on January 17, 2019, 07:39:32 pm »
Just out of curiosity, does Mr Undivided here strongly remind anyone else of a certain someone, or is it just me?
« Last post by Chaos Undivided on January 17, 2019, 07:05:33 pm »
...Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys on this.

I think a good way to determine if something is sexist against men is to add the adjective "black" and see if that makes it racist. With that in mind, let's imagine this commercial was targeted at black men.

What's the result? Black males being portrayed as violent, perverted assholes, and a heavy implication - if not an outright statement - that most black men either do that kind of shit or are complicit in it. Wouldn't you say that's racist?

Honestly, while I'm not as offended as some of these complainers, the ad still gets under my skin. But if you're not offended by it, whatever. You're entitled to your opinions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10