Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1464263 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2012, 07:48:56 pm »
I'm having a tough time deciding if I should pre-order: Max Payne 3, Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Bioshock Infinite, Prey 2, and Tomb Raider.

That's a lot of games and many of them come out in the same month. I can't afford it all. :( Maybe Tomb Raider, Witcher 2, Borderlands 2, and Max Payne 3.

Why would you pre-order Witcher 2? It's been out since last year.

Not the 360 version, dude. Miss the announcement a few pages back? April 17, 2012 for 360.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2012, 09:15:07 pm »
I'm having a tough time deciding if I should pre-order: Max Payne 3, Darksiders II, Borderlands 2, The Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Bioshock Infinite, Prey 2, and Tomb Raider.

That's a lot of games and many of them come out in the same month. I can't afford it all. :( Maybe Tomb Raider, Witcher 2, Borderlands 2, and Max Payne 3.

Why would you pre-order Witcher 2? It's been out since last year.

Not the 360 version, dude. Miss the announcement a few pages back? April 17, 2012 for 360.

Apparently I did.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2012, 02:56:13 am »
Gotham City Imposters looks hillarious.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34:17 pm »
New info that's just been released. Assassin's Creed III is set during the American Revolution.

Box art

GameInformer cover

I'm wondering how they're going to deal with all of the guns in the setting. The series is mostly centered around melee combat.

The setting also means less cities and more countryside. The cities in colonial America weren't nearly as large or grand as the ones in Europe.

UPDATE: Some in-game screenshots

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2012, 05:17:23 pm »
Gotham City Imposters looks hillarious.

Quite.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2012, 03:19:24 am »
A found a nice little indie MMO in development called Island Forge.

Create islands with stories for others to explore! Using the built-in Island Builder, arrange your island's terrain, scenery, town shops. Place actors (non-player characters) and write their dialogue (the story they tell).

Voyage from island to island. Go on solo adventures or form expedition parties to tackle the wilderness. Beyond the safety of town, numerous creatures lurk in the darkness. Equip yourself before setting out to explore and clear away the darkness. Rewards of experience and resources are waiting to be claimed by intrepid adventurers.

Also I'm interested in the Realm of the Mad God game that was put on Steam recently, anyone else put a shot into it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:27:32 am by syaoranvee »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »
A found a nice little indie MMO in development called Island Forge.

Create islands with stories for others to explore! Using the built-in Island Builder, arrange your island's terrain, scenery, town shops. Place actors (non-player characters) and write their dialogue (the story they tell).

Voyage from island to island. Go on solo adventures or form expedition parties to tackle the wilderness. Beyond the safety of town, numerous creatures lurk in the darkness. Equip yourself before setting out to explore and clear away the darkness. Rewards of experience and resources are waiting to be claimed by intrepid adventurers.

Also I'm interested in the Realm of the Mad God game that was put on Steam recently, anyone else put a shot into it?

This is intriguing. I'd like to try it sometime.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2012, 06:00:23 pm »
Finally found me a wi-fi network that a standard DS can handle. I now have all the downloadable puzzles for the first three Professor Layton games. Yay for additional content I suppose.

Also, I know I'm a little late to the party, but this is one of the most interesting and creative Minecraft 1.2 showcases I've ever seen.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVn37lb57E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVn37lb57E</a>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:04:27 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2012, 09:25:27 am »
I want to try 1.2, but my server is still using 1.1 until they can update some programs they use to moderate the server. :/
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:00 pm »
New info that's just been released. Assassin's Creed III is set during the American Revolution.

Box art

GameInformer cover

I'm wondering how they're going to deal with all of the guns in the setting. The series is mostly centered around melee combat.

The setting also means less cities and more countryside. The cities in colonial America weren't nearly as large or grand as the ones in Europe.

UPDATE: Some in-game screenshots

UPDATE 2: The first trailer has been released.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »
And apparently it's coming for the Wii U.

Ironbite-I'm....excited.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »
Hey guys, you know how I said on the last page that thay need to get around to making SimCity 5?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztNWdhRdnw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztNWdhRdnw</a>

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2012, 04:14:15 am »
I agree with both these reaction gifs.  But sims use the latin script now?

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2012, 08:49:09 am »
...new...SimCity...?

As long as EA doesn't fuck it up a la Societies.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2012, 04:51:48 pm »
I'll get excited when I see some actual gameplay.