Author Topic: Film & TV Thread  (Read 2804 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Film & TV Thread
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:34:59 pm »
This is a general thread for all subjects related to movies and TV shows. There have been a couple times where I wanted to share or discuss something but couldn't find an appropriate thread to put it in, and it wasn't important enough to warrant its own thread. I figured that the "Last Movie you Watched" thread was too narrow in focus, and doesn't leave any room to talk about things that haven't been released yet.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To start things off, Here's the next movie I want to see: The Hunger Games, which comes out later this month.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:08:23 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Re: Film & TV Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:25:21 pm »
You know our "Things That Annoy You" thread? Well here's that thread condensed into movie form.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:32:02 pm »
That...is the greatest thing ever!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »
That trailer makes the film look stupid. Would have worked well as a 10 minute SNL skit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:03:34 am by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:25:16 am »
Looks great :D

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 04:33:08 pm »
I so have to see that movie.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
Did anyone notice the poster for Jesus Camp on the wall of the movie theater? I just saw that now.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »
God that movie just looks so freakin awesome
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »
I am very much looking forward to the Hunger Games movie. I have not read the books, and I plan to wait at least until after the first film comes out to do so. I want to judge the film on its own merits, then move on to the books.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 02:53:31 am »
Avatar: The Legend of Korra - Series premier announced for Saturday, April 14 at 11am

Disclaimer: If you have not seen the original series Avatar: The Last Airbender, then please go watch it immediately, starting from the beginning. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is one of the greatest animated television shows ever made. This is a great, informative review. You can watch the entire thing on Netflix right now.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary:

“The Legend of Korra” takes place 70 years after the events of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra (voice of Janet Varney).

With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air.  Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern “Avatar” world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive.

However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution called "the Equalists" led by a mysterious masked man named Amon (Steve Blum). Under the tutelage of Aang’s son, Tenzin (JK Simmons), Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Links:

Official Site - If their Facebook page gets 100,000 likes, then they will show the first episode online 3 weeks early on March 24.
Official Tumblr
Main FanSite

Teaser Trailer
Upfront Trailer
TV Spot
Soundtrack Preview

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:02 pm »
Update to the above post: The counter has already reached 100,000 and the first episode will premiere online this Saturday at http://www.korranation.com/

And they're releasing two episodes early, instead of just one like was stated earlier.

I'm almost giddy with excitement. After almost 4 years we're finally getting more Avatar. (Not counting a certain M. Night Shyamalan film that shall not be named)