Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024652 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10620 on: November 17, 2017, 08:51:31 am »
Firefox had an update that fucked several of my add-ons, including Noscript.

Art Vandelay - I am a little bit miffed, and therefore you all have to hear about it.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10621 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:03 am »

Art Vandelay - I am a little bit miffed, and therefore you all have to hear about it.

I had the same thing happen. I had to switch from Greasemonkey to Tampermonkey for all my scripts, and find some replacements for crap that wasn't even compatible anymore. Quite the pain.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10622 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:30 am »
They changed the fucking new tab page on mobile, too.  No more reference images for the my "Top Sites," and the fucking titles of the pages are truncated to, like, a dozen characters...and there's no fucking way to change it.  Sure, its fast, but good holy fuck, why'd they need to fuck the interface in the process?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #10623 on: November 17, 2017, 04:16:11 pm »

I had the same thing happen. I had to switch from Greasemonkey to Tampermonkey for all my scripts, and find some replacements for crap that wasn't even compatible anymore. Quite the pain.

Yeah, me too.  There's a fork browser based off of Firefox called Waterfox that still works with all of the add-ons I had.  Might be worth a look for some of yours.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10624 on: November 18, 2017, 04:19:08 pm »
People who call for the repeal of the 17th Amendment and/or the ratification of the Congressional Apportionment Amendment, because:

1. The former would return the choice of Senators to state legislatures, which would allow for corrupt political machines to control the US Senate and turn state legislative elections into elections for Senators, without consideration of state-level issues.

2. The latter would expand the US House to 6,293 seats. (Not making that up; I ran the numbers.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10625 on: November 18, 2017, 04:41:46 pm »
Just imagine what 6200 House of Representatives members would be like. Paul Ryan would have a stress seizure.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10626 on: November 18, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »
Petty as fuck, but I've got a package I'm supposed to receive today...and it ain't fucking here.  The mail prick is over two hours off their normal delivery time and I'm starting to get a bit irritated.  They've got 37 minutes to get this shit here before I get properly angry.

And, its in the rental office.  Which is closed until Monday.  Great.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:12:41 pm by RavynousHunter »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10627 on: November 29, 2017, 10:55:02 am »
I've no fucking idea how, but apparently the new update for NoScript has caused it to go full retard. Trying to access the list of scripts on any given webpage causes it to reduce the size of my window, of all things. I wouldn't mind so much if not for the fact that good script blockers for Firefox seem to be rather few and far between, especially nowadays.

I have to say, technology not quite working as it's supposed to is one of the most frustrating things in the world.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10628 on: November 29, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »
I've no fucking idea how, but apparently the new update for NoScript has caused it to go full retard. Trying to access the list of scripts on any given webpage causes it to reduce the size of my window, of all things. I wouldn't mind so much if not for the fact that good script blockers for Firefox seem to be rather few and far between, especially nowadays.

I have to say, technology not quite working as it's supposed to is one of the most frustrating things in the world.

I love it when updates and "fixes" break something even more.  I'm looking at you, Bethesda and NetherRealm.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10629 on: November 29, 2017, 11:42:09 pm »
Let's not forget Mojang.

"What's that you say?  'Fix long-outstanding performance issues?'  Sorry, we got busy ripping off mod content without even bothering with giving credit where credit is due."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10630 on: December 05, 2017, 02:31:16 am »
Flu that spreads to your inner ear causing labyrinthitis.  All the fun of flu but with the added bonus of vertigo, headaches, deafness and excruciating ear & jaw pain.  Tell you what, vertigo combined with muscle fatigue/weakness makes for an interesting experience when trying to walk.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10631 on: December 07, 2017, 05:58:21 am »
I have Auld Lang Syne stuck in my head.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10632 on: December 13, 2017, 11:16:53 pm »
Why do no video game store clients have tabs of all things? It's 2017 (hell, it's practically 2018) and neither Steam nor Galaxy has what fucking well should've been a standard feature back when the 2010's were just getting started. I must say, I'm fed up with having to browse one page at a time like I'm using Internet Explorer circa 2001.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:02:53 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10633 on: December 14, 2017, 08:46:21 am »
Its not like there are standard controls in about twenty different languages (and frameworks) that serve that exact purpose.  Hell, if they really can't use them, then find some crap online that works relatively well, and reimplement it for...whatever ass-backwards methods you're using.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10634 on: December 21, 2017, 06:48:45 am »
The touchscreen on my tablet freaked the fuck out for a while.  Started with a square inch dead zone on the bottom right...then, noticed that I was getting phantom touches in that section since I have that developer option enabled.  It was actually a bit spooky, like my tablet was possessed by the spirit of a complete cunt.  Power cycling seems to have exorcised the issue, thankfully.  I like being able to use periods.