Author Topic: CISPA: Y U NO DIE IN A HOLE?  (Read 3859 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
CISPA: Y U NO DIE IN A HOLE?
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:23 am »
If you liked SOPA, then you're going to love CISPA:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BKU9mCnn0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BKU9mCnn0</a>

They're flinging shit at the wall until something sticks.  Only quietly.
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: CISPA: Y U NO DIE IN A HOLE?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »
Yep, seen it. And yet, nobody seems to care this time.

Honestly, I hope it passes and they shut the internet down. That's probably the only thing that'll kick-start the revolution that needs to happen. This country as a whole is too lazy and complacent to hold its leaders accountable for shit like this, so it's little wonder they keep doing it.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:28:44 pm »
Because it's already been tabled.

Ironbite-also neutered like you wouldn't believe

Saturn500

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:45:56 pm »
So there's no actual danger, then?

We really need a "phew" emoticon.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:30:46 pm »
I second the motion. We need a relief emoticon.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline The Bright Angel

• Apprentice
  • Just Your typical Bi possible Trans kid (not sure)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:38:01 am »
I don't know about that Ironbite it seems like they might vote on it today or tomorrow. Not exactly sure but it seems like it might pass which is sick. How can we claim to be a bastion of freedom but have these weirdly rights destroying bills passed >:(. It's hypocritical. We are supposed to be a great free nation. So much for the country that help sprung democracy to the world. This world is getting crazy.
"Can you imagine on judgement day, when God tells you your wife was secretly a lesbian who liked you but never really loved you. That she wasn't your soul-mate after all. Better if both of you were free to find your true love."-Evil Roy Slick of Yahoo News

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »
Oh right.  Well I guess my information isn't as fresh as I thought.  But the damn thing's been almost neutered into non-existence anyways.

Ironbite-it's not as bad as SOPA but it's still bad.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:45:48 pm »
All the more reason to make sure that CISPA dies like every other POS censoring legislation.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:23 am »
Guess what passed the House tonight!!!
The U.S. House of Representatives today approved a controversial Internet surveillance bill, rejecting increasingly vocal arguments from critics that it would do more to endanger Americans' privacy than aid cybersecurity.
By a vote of 248 to 168, a bipartisan majority approved the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA, which would permit Internet companies to hand over confidential customer records and communications to the National Security Agency and other portions of the U.S. government.
One step closer to everyone being terror suspects!

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:51:49 am »
Guess what passed the House tonight!!!
The U.S. House of Representatives today approved a controversial Internet surveillance bill, rejecting increasingly vocal arguments from critics that it would do more to endanger Americans' privacy than aid cybersecurity.
By a vote of 248 to 168, a bipartisan majority approved the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA, which would permit Internet companies to hand over confidential customer records and communications to the National Security Agency and other portions of the U.S. government.
One step closer to everyone being terror suspects!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/26/2978395/us-house-passes-cispa

The Obama administration has already strongly opposed CISPA and threatened to veto it, so it's not likely that this particular version of the bill will pass. The White House says that the bill lacks civilian oversight and privacy protections, and that "without clear legal protections and independent oversight, information sharing legislation will undermine the public's trust in the government as well as in the internet by undermining fundamental privacy, confidentiality, civil liberties, and consumer protections." Still, the White House has signaled that it is interested in some form of cyber security bill, so this won't likely be its final act.

The house needs a 66% majority to override a veto. only 55% voted in favor of the bill.

If Obama keeps his promise and refuses to sign it, then the bill is not going to pass.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »
You'll have to forgive me if I don't exactly trust Obama to keep his promises at this point.

Saturn500

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 11:28:28 pm »

Oh god, Bill from Capitol Hill what have they done to ya? :(

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 12:36:41 am »
At least we killed CFAA 2.0

We'll probably succeed at killing CISPA 2.0 too, but IMO keeping things the way they are isn't good enough. We need Aaron's Law passed now.
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD