Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827687 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4380 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »
Okay, Ravy, you're going to want to start by incorporating a certain cardio session - do one minute slow, two minutes as fast as you can go, for about 12 minutes. I'd advise that you run or at least jog every day at least an hour, and also incorporate light, maybe thirty minutes of weight training.

Do as much of that as you can
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4381 on: November 14, 2017, 04:27:29 pm »
I'll take that under advisement.  With finals coming up in a few weeks, shit's kinda gearing up in school, so my focus is largely there, as of now.  Also...well, let's just say my stamina ain't what it used to be, lol.  But, if nothing else, I got a goal towards which I can aspire, so thankee.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4382 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:05 pm »
Got my new tablet to replace my old buddy.  Now to log back in to all my shit!  Whee.

[ETA]

Also, got my tablet cover, yesterday!  Comes with a little Bluetooth keyboard, too.  Its a little cramped for someone with somewhat larger hands like myself, but I do like being able to actually type things longer than a couple of sentences whilst browsing on my tablet.  Don't care what anyone says, physical keyboards will ALWAYS be the best way to type.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:28:02 am by RavynousHunter »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4383 on: December 05, 2017, 10:55:05 am »
In less than 10 minutes, I got a web API working on my tablet using Flask.  Compare that to all the hell I went thru with Node.js to just get the fucker to work (read: several weeks), and I can see why people had an easy time with previous iteations of my database class.  Flask-API is beautiful, simple, and very easy to use.  Why in the name of the Maker's left testicle we were forced to use something as hateful Node.js and nginx is beyond me.  This teaches the fundamentals of web APIs (which, I'll grant ya, are important in this day and age) in a way that is not only easy on the eyes, but easy to see exactly what's going on...easier to mentally digest.

Just goes to show that following moronic trends does not mean that you'll be teaching your students fundamental concepts any better.  In fact, it actively stymied many of my classmates, because they had to figure out a tonne of esoteric issues (with completely unhelpful error messages, to boot) just to get the damned Node.js crap to work properly.

Guess we can't have students learn the fundamentals without fucking them over, somehow.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4384 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:40 pm »
For better or worse, this godforsaken semester is over.  At least it felt quick...that's about its only saving grace.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4385 on: December 12, 2017, 02:17:11 am »
My semester is just about over. My English teacher told me the only thing I need to change in my English Final Essay is the date - she outright asked if I was secretly some kind of AP Student who studied college english in middle school.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4386 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:02 pm »
Are you in community college or university?  The former tends to expect people to be barely literate, in my experience, so being able to write a cogent sentence means you're a shoe-in for an A unless you just don't put in the (admittedly minimal) work.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4387 on: December 19, 2017, 07:53:53 pm »
I saw this.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4388 on: December 22, 2017, 05:55:10 pm »
My boss let me off work early today, and now I'm on vacation until after the new year. I needed this.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4389 on: December 23, 2017, 10:22:36 am »
After trying a Lyft today, I am never driving myself to the airport ever again. No economy lots or waiting for a bus to get to the terminal, no drowsy driving at 7 AM, it was amazing.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4390 on: December 31, 2017, 09:24:59 pm »
On a day when a lot of other people are at home, I went to the gym and knocked out like four or five new Personal Records today - including 3 plates on hacksquat, 165 pound deadlift, whole new kind of deadlift 5x5 and leg extension.

A lot of people are saying my legs are packing on size. Already having trouble getting my pants on.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4391 on: January 07, 2018, 02:37:30 am »
It's a small thing, but I submitted my first thing to the (once again) mainpage in years and it got accepted pretty quickly.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4392 on: January 09, 2018, 11:59:58 pm »
Big fitness milestone - I hit an 8 rep set at 7 plates each side, my new max. For those unfamiliar, this means I leg pressed 630 pounds 8 times today.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4393 on: January 11, 2018, 12:28:53 am »

I love doing my taxes.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4394 on: February 01, 2018, 02:06:18 pm »
There is now a Pip (Pusheen's brother) plushie.  I am inordinately pleased by this.