Author Topic: Rape Pregnancy God Intended for it to happen  (Read 5227 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Rape Pregnancy God Intended for it to happen
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:37:00 am »
The NRSC is standing by its candidate in Indiana, Richard Mourdock, after the Senate hopeful said that pregnancies resulting from rape are “something God intended to happen,” while Mitt Romney and other Republicans are distancing themselves from the Hoosier.

“Richard and I, along with millions of Americans — including even Joe Donnelly — believe that life is a gift from God,” Texas Sen. John Cornyn, the head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said in a statement Wednesday. “To try and construe his words as anything other than a restatement of that belief is irresponsible and ridiculous. In fact, rather than condemning him for his position, as some in his party have when it’s come to Republicans, I commend Congressman Donnelly for his support of life.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82806.html#.UIfrvp1WmZ8.reddit

So not only did god intend for a rape  pregnancy to happen but is also some how a gift from god.  If only hell existed I would hope there would be a special place for people who really believe this.

Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Rape Pregnancy God Intended for it to happen
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:30 pm »
I know what this guy wants for Christmas.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:39:38 pm »
Very few things sicken me more than rape apologists.  Yeah you go tell a rape victim to her face that getting raped was God's gift to her.  See how long it takes you to get slapped.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
This race is in a dead heat, even though at the end of the primary season this guy said that "bipartisanship" should consist of the Democrats coming to the Republican Position.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwK4u4Fc2MA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwK4u4Fc2MA</a>

Now this.  You know you're an extremist when Mike Pence backs away from your view on social issues.

Unbelievable.  As a resident of Indiana, just allow me to say:
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 01:01:13 pm »
When Todd Akin made his infamous rape comments, he immediately dropped 10 points in the polls and went from winning the race by 4 pts. to losing by 6 pts.

The senate race in Indiana has been neck-and-neck for weeks now, which means that this guy just forfeited his election with two weeks left to go.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »
I hope so.  The funny thing is that this was Dick Luger's seat.  It was as safely Republican as any in the country.  I went to an event where Dan Parker, the chairman of the Indiana Democratic Party was speaking shortly after the 2010 elections, and he said that the only reason that the Democrats would even run a candidate in 2012 is that there might be a strong Tea Party challenge to Luger that might oust him in the primary (there wasn't a Democrat on the ballot in 2006).

I would love it if the Tea Party turned it over to the Democrats.

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »
Y'know, God sounds like a dick.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

One of our thesis statements here on FSTDT.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:13:24 pm »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »
You know it's bad when even Romney wants nothing to do with it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

Ah, but Romney won't go so far as to want nothing to do with Mourdock.  He says that he disagrees with Mourdock's position on abortion in cases of rape, but he still supports the candidate to win the Senate seat.

Because principle should always take a backseat to power, and the Republicans can't win the Senate without Mourdock.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »

Ah, but Romney won't go so far as to want nothing to do with Mourdock.  He says that he disagrees with Mourdock's position on abortion in cases of rape, but he still supports the candidate to win the Senate seat.

Because principle should always take a backseat to power, and the Republicans can't win the Senate without Mourdock.

One of many reasons I'm voting for all Democrats this year.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:22:34 pm by Vypernight »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »

One of our thesis statements here on FSTDT.

Ironically enough, this comment promoted me to God rank.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »
Oh geez, not this shit AGAIN!! These asshats must really love the taste of their own feet.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »
What a joy to listen to Republicans spout crazy views that lose them seats. Yeah, I've read about the Republicans preferring to keep crazies that tow the party line rather than abandon them. From Republicans saying them should drop them because they make the entire party look bad and because they bring more crazies in with them if they succeed.

PR is a funny thing, but very important to use when you have a chance. Being the hero and taking a little sacrifice now can lead to many good things in the long run.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying