Author Topic: I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians; they're not very Christlike.  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
So this thread is meant to discuss how the church has lost its way.  Seriously, Jesus was a huge rebel, but the church today is all about conformity and blind loyalty.  So yeah.  Discuss!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
I don't know I read some where that a lot of Christians seem to follow the teachings of Paul instead of Jesus nowadays.
I'm not really an expert of what Paul taught but from what I heard it was sort of different than what Jesus taught.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Many don't realize that Muslims are in the same "boat" as Jews and Christians. Not that Muslims shouldn't be treated like people if they were in a completely isolated religion.

A lot of Christians don't realize how they aren't "loving the sinner, hating the sin". Seriously, going on about how gays are serial rapist pedophiles and abominations to God is bad, but adding the "Hate the sin, love the sinner" is like the cherry on the hate sundae.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Many don't realize that Muslims are in the same "boat" as Jews and Christians. Not that Muslims shouldn't be treated like people if they were in a completely isolated religion.

A lot of Christians don't realize how they aren't "loving the sinner, hating the sin". Seriously, going on about how gays are serial rapist pedophiles and abominations to God is bad, but adding the "Hate the sin, love the sinner" is like the cherry on the hate sundae.

Not to go off topic, but "pedophile" is one of the laziest slurs ever.  It's a zero effort way to "attack" someone.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
I don't know I read some where that a lot of Christians seem to follow the teachings of Paul instead of Jesus nowadays.
I'm not really an expert of what Paul taught but from what I heard it was sort of different than what Jesus taught.

I think Paul is the one that really had a hate-on for sex.  He considered any kind of sex ugly and sinful, even sex between married couples.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
A clear sign of someone who had never been laid and was angry at everyone who had.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Or a child molester trying to hid his own sins.

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
I think one of the main ways that the church has lost its way is that they worship the Bible more than God.  You can't get into Heaven unless you believe that the Bible is 100% true.  (I got to hear that at my mum's Funeral.  Yay.  But still the Pastor is a nice man, and the congregation did set me up with a LOT of food.)  But Jesus did not promise a Bible.  He promised Salvation.  He is the Way, not blindly believing a book.  A lot of this thought comes from Commandments of Men.  A blog by a Christian who is against the dominionism of modern Christianity.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:42:38 am by Sour Grapes »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
In regards to Christian scriptures, just give me the Four Gospels, that's all.

For those who go on about cherrypicking, like those above me said, it's stupid to worship a book.

Also, The Bible is an ANTHOLOGY of a bunch of completely different & separate books. That's what people, be they conservative, moderate or liberal,  forget.

Not all scriptures are created equal. Some scriptures are pure crapola yanked out of the butts of sociopathic bigshots who want to control people.

In the big scheme of things, however, you can't limit The Higher Power, whatever he/she/it is, to a human-made document. It's stupid.

I think that folks like Wiccans & NeoPagans have the right idea, scriptures aren't necessary, Nature is our scripture!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast

I'll just take the Jefferson Bible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!

I'll just take the Jefferson Bible.

Heck, that's fine, too!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Book of Job is always good too.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Book of Job is always good too.

About how God will be a complete dick just to win a bet?

Ecclesiastes is another good one, and there's always the Song of Songs.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
This is kinda off topic, but when I first heard the story of Moses, I got super pissed at God because he required lamb's blood for marking the doors. I mean, killing lambs is really unnecessary. I thought that if he already knew all his children he would know which ones not to kill.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
This is kinda off topic, but when I first heard the story of Moses, I got super pissed at God because he required lamb's blood for marking the doors. I mean, killing lambs is really unnecessary. I thought that if he already knew all his children he would know which ones not to kill.

Well the way I heard it, God, himself wasn't bringing the plague.  It was something else, that needed the lambs' blood to tell which door was which.  Cause it was kinda stupid.