Author Topic: Go Home North Korea, You're Drunk  (Read 12427 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Go Home North Korea, You're Drunk
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »
So the head of North Korea (who appears to have let himself go after starring in Up) is issuing ridiculous threats and...it's just too easy to make fun of him. So that's what I'm doing:

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Let's Mock North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 03:08:28 pm »
So the head of North Korea (who appears to have let himself go after starring in Up) is issuing ridiculous threats and...it's just too easy to make fun of him. So that's what I'm doing:

omfg....the hats completely made my day  ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:42:46 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:58:25 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNBfBr-OGU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNBfBr-OGU</a>

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cG7ZVBXQII" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cG7ZVBXQII</a>

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:38:17 pm »
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »
Okay this one is just tangentially related to Kim Jong-un, but any time I can take a shot at Rick Perry I will do so:

He followed this comment by screaming "Remember the Alamo!" and jumping out the window.

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 01:00:50 am »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 09:52:20 am »
Yes.. let's mock the guy with the nuke..

Yes, Kim Jong Un is going to track this thread on the FSTDT internet forum, trace the IP address of every poster and work out their home address. They're going to be on the 'SHORT LIST' of places to drop some fissile material in a nice package on...

Seriously though, this is juvenile. These images are funny. I laughed at them, and if I had any similar ones, I'd post them too, for the purpose of amusement. However, I disagree with creating and distributing these things for the express purpose of mocking NK. What is that supposed to achieve?

tl;dr: I'm frothing at the mouth about the thread title, not the content. If this had been titled 'Funny NK image macros', I'd have no problem.

Disregard me and carry on.

No, I'm not drunk.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:15:46 pm »
However, I disagree with creating and distributing these things for the express purpose of mocking NK. What is that supposed to achieve?

Laffs
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:12 pm »
However, I disagree with creating and distributing these things for the express purpose of mocking NK. What is that supposed to achieve?

Why do we have to have a purpose? We can do this without the intention of achieving anything. It's a freedom.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 12:34:58 pm »
Seriously though, this is juvenile.

These images are funny. I laughed at them, and if I had any similar ones, I'd post them too, for the purpose of amusement. However, I disagree with creating and distributing these things for the express purpose of mocking NK. What is that supposed to achieve?
You answered your own question though: we're doing it because it's funny, and totalitarian regimes deserve mockery. In fact, I thought that was the purpose of this entire site :)

Why do we have to have a purpose? We can do this without the intention of achieving anything. It's a freedom.
(click to show/hide)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 12:41:52 pm »

Mocking the enemy prior to battle is a tradition as old as humanity.

And it takes the edge off when having to contemplate how awful this war will be if it happens. Gallows humor.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 12:55:46 pm »

Distind

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 01:09:33 pm »
Seriously though, this is juvenile. These images are funny. I laughed at them, and if I had any similar ones, I'd post them too, for the purpose of amusement. However, I disagree with creating and distributing these things for the express purpose of mocking NK. What is that supposed to achieve?
We tried being optimistic a while ago, hasn't worked out so well, so we're just going with what we know.