Author Topic: Student wrongly tied to Boston bombing found dead  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Student wrongly tied to Boston bombing found dead
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:02:39 pm »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/04/25/boston-bombing-social-media-student-brown-university-reddit/2112309/?csp=fbfanpage

This is the problem with people who do their own fucking detective work when tragedies happen! They start pointing fingers rather than letting the police do their jobs and then wrongfully accused persons wind up being targeted! Jesus FUCK this pisses me off!

RIP Sunil Tripathi.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Student wrongly tied to Boston bombing found dead
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:32 pm »
Nah let's just have Reddit solve all our crimes from now on.

Ironbite-I hope people feel good about themselves.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:21:38 pm »
Poor guy.

Naturally, the conspiratards will go crazy about this, obviously it won't be because an innocent man was hounded to death.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »
Last seen March 15? That doesn't make much sense, if he's been dead the whole time (keyword IF).
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:34 pm »
obviously it won't be because an innocent man was hounded to death.

According to the article, he was last seen a month before the bombing. His death may have nothing to do with it; he may have already been dead when the bombing happened
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 04:56:10 pm »
obviously it won't be because an innocent man was hounded to death.

According to the article, he was last seen a month before the bombing. His death may have nothing to do with it; he may have already been dead when the bombing happened
Actually, if someone I know just disappeared for a month and they found someone bearing a striking resemblance to him at the Boston marathon (and if I was a big fat paranoid poopy headed racist), I might come to the conclusion that maybe he was disappearing and breaking off ties with people he knew so he'd be harder to track down. Then the shock would come when I realize he's been dead for a month and a half. They said they needed to identify him by dental records, which means that he may have either been in that river for a while, or beaten until he was unrecognizable. Of course, I don't really know what the fuck happened, it could have been a coincidence, or it could have been linked to the marathon, all I know is some kid was obviously murdered (nobody commits suicide and falls into a lake), and that really is a shame. Maybe the mainstream attention will bring justice and find his killers.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:05:00 pm »
On one hand, this is a very sad story.

On the other, I'm relieved that it isn't a guy driven to suicide because folks were calling him the Boston Bomber.

So, a guy disappeared before the bombings happened and folks were accusing him because he went missing, right?

People can be really stupid.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:31:05 pm »
Background on Sunil was that he had a history of struggling with acute depression. Police saying the body does not show any obvious signs of trauma (broken bones). Having to use dental records, and the coroner statement that determining the cause of death could take months means the body was severely decomposed. Maybe he committed suicide by OD'ing and just swam into the lake, passed out and drowned.

So yeah, great job adding more misery and anguish to his family's grieving process there, conspiraloons! Even "Deputy Barney" is face palming at y'all...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »
So where in fact did Rupert get that photo from? Redditt?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 01:07:06 am »
Background on Sunil was that he had a history of struggling with acute depression. Police saying the body does not show any obvious signs of trauma (broken bones). Having to use dental records, and the coroner statement that determining the cause of death could take months means the body was severely decomposed. Maybe he committed suicide by OD'ing and just swam into the lake, passed out and drowned.

So yeah, great job adding more misery and anguish to his family's grieving process there, conspiraloons! Even "Deputy Barney" is face palming at y'all...

Actually, this wasn't related to the conspiracy theories (which tend to focus around the craft international presence), just poor detective work on identifying potential suspects on the part of internet users.

I can't really blame the internet community in general either; the FBI announced they were crowd-sourcing the investigation and people misinterpreted that to mean "they want us to solve the crime." Maybe in the future it should be made more clear what they mean by crowd-sourcing.
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD