Author Topic: Armed March on Washington D.C.  (Read 13899 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Armed March on Washington D.C.
« on: May 03, 2013, 04:03:22 pm »
I feel so old saying this but-I hope they just throw them in jail. 

Libertarian activist and radio host Adam Kokesh is hoping to get 1,000 people to march on Washington on July 4 — armed with loaded rifles. The plan, launched with a Facebook group today, is to gather on the Virginia side of the Potomac, where gun laws are lax, and then march across the bridge with loaded rifles slung over their shoulders into the District, where openly carrying weapons is generally prohibited.

“This will be a non-violent event,” the Facebook group warns, “unless the government chooses to make it violent.” Already, over 200 people have said they’ll attend the march.

Message from the Facebook group:
On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

The Leader:
Kokesh is a former Marine who was discharged in 2007 after violating the military’s code against engaging in political activity while in uniform. Kokesh was highly active in the antiwar movement after serving in Iraq, participating in numerous protests and getting arrested on occasion.

He started an anti-government radio show as the Tea Party picked up steam and was eventually picked up by RT, the news channel funded by the Russian government that is often critical of U.S. policy, where he promoted both the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street in a worldview that some sociologists describe as “fusion paranoia,” a visceral anti-governmentalism that isn’t limited to typical left-right divides.

He ran into trouble when he endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 election, which led to an FEC complaint and his termination from RT, though employees have told me privately that there were other, darker issues.

Since then, he’s taken his show “Adam vs. The Man” to the Internet, and seems to have become increasingly radicalized. “It’s time to abolish the US federal government,” he tweeted yesterday. Today he tweeted this:

When the government comes to take your guns, you can shoot government agents, or submit to slavery.

— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) May 3, 2013

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march_on_washington_with_loaded_rifles/

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Armed March on Washington D.C.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »
Yes, openly carry your weapons into an area where such a thing is prohibited. That'll do a whole lot of good.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »
I love how the only freedom they seem concerned about is the freedom to carry dangerous weapons anywhere they please. I'd bet money that a minimum 90% of these people have said in the past that the police or government should shut down groups or protesters that they disagree with.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »
What the fuck?  This guy is fucking nuts!  Ugh...these fucking people.

This guy is mentally diseased.  He really needs to be put away before he fucking hurts someone.  Those threats he made in his statements have me worried.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »
This gon be good

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »
He apparently does not realize that civil disobedience ends when the protesters are armed with loaded weapons

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »
Par for the course for ideas emanating from this direction.  Also, it's highly unlikely that this will occur.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »
Isn't this how Mussolini got his start?
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

wrightway

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »
This will end so very badly if it goes through.

Distind

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 05:13:04 pm »
Isn't this how Mussolini got his start?
Hitler tried it too, didn't work real well for him though. Well, aside from time to write a book.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 07:22:32 pm »
So, basically, he's emulating the WBC:  Arrange a protest that straddles the limits of the law and human decency, then smugly declare persecution when people inevitably feel threatened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »
This will be good. If his little group makes it violent, it'll be doubly good. These liebertarians will be hit so hard, they won't know what hit them.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm6F-K6Ffo</a>

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:40 pm »
Well, I cannot think of any way this could possibly go wrong.
Σא

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
If this results in a fight, these asshats will be beaten so hard their grandchildren will be born bruised.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.