Author Topic: Tennessee Tea Party Wants Slavery Removed From School Textbooks  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
Re: Tennessee Tea Party Wants Slavery Removed From School Textbooks
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 10:53:02 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong - after all, I'm just a foolish atheist - but doesn't the Bible condemn idol worship?

You make a good point. They'd probably do something more like that purity pledge thing that was talked about a while back. Only instead of listing what good and bad legislation is, it's good and bad things to put in history textbooks about the founding fathers.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 10:56:51 pm »
I think I see where they're going with this.  Once they rewrite the history books so that the US never allowed slavery, then they can claim that the Civil War was purely a matter of States Rights, and that Lincoln was a tyrant who trampled over the Glorious South.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:52 am »
Problem:  People tend to think about the things they know, and might come up with unauthorized thoughts.  Lets call this wrongthink.
Solution: If you control their information, they won't learn anything that leads to wrongthink.  A "Ministry of Information" of sorts.

Didn't I read a book about this once?

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 12:08:59 pm »
Problem:  People tend to think about the things they know, and might come up with unauthorized thoughts.  Lets call this wrongthink.
Solution: If you control their information, they won't learn anything that leads to wrongthink.  A "Ministry of Information" of sorts.

You did.
So did I.
But you wont find this book in my daughter's school anymore.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »

You did.
So did I.
But you wont find this book in my daughter's school anymore.

Good luck locating the one that also states that we are all equal, just some are more equal than others.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:56 pm »

Brrrr. I thought historical revisionism was bad, but when we talked about the Ministry of Truth in 1984 in 12th grade American politics, I seriously hope something like that doesn't happen here.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 05:14:40 pm »
ugghh..  I hate the fucking tea party..  all i see from them is hate and stupidity.