Author Topic: Hang abortion provider says NC GOP lawmaker  (Read 5412 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Hang abortion provider says NC GOP lawmaker
« on: January 28, 2012, 01:44:17 pm »
Republican Rep. Larry Pittman, who was appointed to the District 82 House seat in October, expressed his views in an email sent Wednesday to every member of the General Assembly. [...]
“We need to make the death penalty a real deterrent again by actually carrying it out. Every appeal that can be made should have to be made at one time, not in a serial manner,” Pittman wrote in the email. “If murderers (and I would include abortionists, rapists, and kidnappers, as well) are actually executed, it will at least have the deterrent effect upon them. For my money, we should go back to public hangings, which would be more of a deterrent to others, as well.”

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/01/27/413611/north-carolina-gop-lawmaker-calls-for-bringing-back-public-hangings-starting-with-abortion-providers/

Now abortionist is a vague term that can encompass a lot of people - including the woman having the abortion. Of course, I pointed out in another thread that making abortion illegal doesn't make it go away. Rather, it makes them more likely to have unsafe abortion.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
Re: Hang abortion provider says NC GOP lawmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »
That's a "pro-lifer" for you. Suffer the little fetuses to come unto me so that I may hang them high once they're out of their fleshy cocoon.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 02:16:40 pm »
What is this, the 19th century?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »
That's a "pro-lifer" for you. Suffer the little fetuses to come unto me so that I may hang them high once they're out of their fleshy cocoon.

They excuse it with the whole concept of innocence.  The fetus is completely innocent of any wrongdoing (as it can't consciously commit a crime), so it doesn't deserve death, whereas death inmates have committed crimes that makes them worthy of being killed in the name of justice.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »

They excuse it with the whole concept of innocence.  The fetus is completely innocent of any wrongdoing (as it can't consciously commit a crime), so it doesn't deserve death, whereas death inmates have committed crimes that makes them worthy of being killed in the name of justice.

Makes you wonder how they get around the idea that we're all born in sin and worthy of hell, then.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 02:41:53 pm »
Makes you wonder how they get around the idea that we're all born in sin and worthy of hell, then.

It makes sense if you don't think about it  :P

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »
Ten bucks says Pittman teaches in Sunday School.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »

that's all well and good, but you can't believe that and call yourself "pro-life".
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:38:09 pm »
The death penalty is not a deterrent. We've been over this before, Larry. Do I really have to link to that Penn & Teller episode?

Also, my dictionary's definition of abortionist is:

a*bor*tion*ist (ǝ'bôr sh ǝnist)
noun
a person who carries out abortions (typically applied to someone not working in a hospital, or used to convey disapproval of abortion).

Because a lot of abortion providers work in abortion clinics and not hospitals, this description could still be considered technically valid.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:00:18 pm »
Appearantly not.
In the 19th century abortion was a godly man's right.
Any good christian husband could take his pregnant wife, or unmarried daughter, to a doctor for an abortion.
The woman had no right to refuse.
Abortion was endorsed by the established churches as a proper way for christian men to keep their family from becoming too large.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »
Appearantly not.
In the 19th century abortion was a godly man's right.
Any good christian husband could take his pregnant wife, or unmarried daughter, to a doctor for an abortion.
The woman had no right to refuse.
Abortion was endorsed by the established churches as a proper way for christian men to keep their family from becoming too large.

I was talking about the notion of hanging people, actually.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »
Since when has the death penalty deterred anything?
-A Pen Name

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »
What a psycho. Even if I ignore the abortion thing, kidnappers? Seriously? Abduction is a bad thing, but it's not even close to murder.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 12:34:17 am »
Republican Rep. Larry Pittman, who was appointed to the District 82 House seat in October, expressed his views in an email sent Wednesday to every member of the General Assembly. [...]
“.....“If murderers (and I would include abortionists, rapists, and kidnappers, as well) are actually executed, it will at least have the deterrent effect upon them. For my money, we should go back to public hangings, which would be more of a deterrent to others, as well.”

So does that include people who bomb or otherwise try to harm abortion providers?

Funny how some murders are ok.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 01:29:10 am »
I predict that the next time an abortion doctor is murdered this bastard will claim that he had in never actually engouraged anyone to do it. Even if the doctor is hanged in public.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!