Author Topic: Birth Control Pill Recall in States!  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Birth Control Pill Recall in States!
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:47 pm »
You may want to take a peek at this if you've been sexually active in the past little while and used this brand...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/pfizer-recalls-1-million-birth-control-packs-error-135222152.html

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Birth Control Pill Recall in States!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:04 pm »
Reminds me of a recent recall of a little-known generic BCP...

...because the label part of the packaging was put on it upside-down, listing the brown pills first.  It's almost as if they expect people to not read the directions or listen to their gynecologists AT ALL.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:22 pm »
I take Lo/Ovral - 28 and when I first saw this article, I kept thinking, "Oh shit." But I checked up on the lot numbers and my pills are good to go.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »
...because the label part of the packaging was put on it upside-down, listing the brown pills first.  It's almost as if they expect people to not read the directions or listen to their gynecologists AT ALL.
It is not a labeling error. It says it has the wrong number of each type of pill. Even if it is easy to tell the difference between each type of pill, you would have to take some sort of action to see that you get the right number of each.
-A Pen Name

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02:04 am »
It is not a labeling error. It says it has the wrong number of each type of pill. Even if it is easy to tell the difference between each type of pill, you would have to take some sort of action to see that you get the right number of each.

I know.  This was a different recall, and I said so.

Please read posts carefully before replying to them. :)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:17:47 am »

I know.  This was a different recall, and I said so.

Please read posts carefully before replying to them. :)
Since this recall reminded you of the previous recall, I was under the impression the last sentence was meant to apply to both. Guess it’s one of those pitfalls of text-only communication.
-A Pen Name