Author Topic: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy  (Read 7468 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 11:41:45 am »
Why diapers when a soft butt plug would do the job so much better...and be tingly, too?/snark...but, yeah.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 03:05:25 pm »
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 12:17:33 pm »

I discovered that WorldGoneCrazy is little more than a human drinking game.

He says the same thing over and over, trying out his theories on different people, but always using the same cut-and-pasted stuff.

Take a drink every time he mentions ice cream.  ("You don't get to borrow the existence of objective moral values and duties from some unknown "god" - they do not exist to you - they are merely flavors of ice cream.")
Take a drink every time he posts the SAME EXACT THREE quotes by Richard Dawkins, William Provine and Michael Ruse, each one NOT SAYING what he claims they are saying (that there are no morals without God).
Take a drink every time he says "Gaystapo."
Take a drink every time he spells atheist "a-theist".
Take a drink every time he accuses an atheist of "stealing from God" every time they point out any moral issue.
Take a drink every time he compares homosexuality or same-sex marriage to slavery or "gassing Jews".

This realization either makes WorldGoneCrazy more fun to deal with, or less fun.  I haven't figured out which yet.  Calling him on it will be enjoyable though.
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 04:20:26 pm »

I discovered that WorldGoneCrazy is little more than a human drinking game.

Just be careful about that.  With this loon, there's a definite risk of alcohol poisoning.  Actually, with WGC, there's a risk of drinking yourself to death even if you used water.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »
That place is as to the far right of Catholicism as atheism, practically.

That jab at all atheists perplexes me. How is atheism more right-wing than the Roman Catholic Church? How is anything more right-wing than the RCC?
How is the Catholic Church right-wing?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 04:50:27 pm »

That jab at all atheists perplexes me. How is atheism more right-wing than the Roman Catholic Church? How is anything more right-wing than the RCC?

If you can't tell how an organization that's perpetually at least 200 years behind the rest of society is right-wing, well, you've been slamming the I-like-this-new-pope kool-aid.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »
Sorry, I thought I'd already clarified what I meant about that. 

All I meant to say was that the fundies like to bash Catholics just as much as they like to bash atheists.  Probably more.

I'm not sure what "wing" that makes Catholics.  But it puts the fundies at considerably right of it.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »

All I meant to say was that the fundies like to bash Catholics just as much as they like to bash atheists.  Probably more.

I'm not sure what "wing" that makes Catholics.  But it puts the fundies at considerably right of it.

There's heavy overlap between fundies and Catholics -- especially the Catholics that control government policy in numerous countries.

In the United States, you need look no further than our conservative SCOTUS justices, particularly Scalia, for powerful Catholics that push their church's mandates on the rest of us.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:03 am »

There's heavy overlap between fundies and Catholics -- especially the Catholics that control government policy in numerous countries.

In the United States, you need look no further than our conservative SCOTUS justices, particularly Scalia, for powerful Catholics that push their church's mandates on the rest of us.

True.

However, I don't see Catholics fighting against evolution.  I don't see them proselytizing hate against atheists and other Christians.   GENERALLY speaking, along with Lutherans and Episcopalians and Methodists (and possibly a couple others), they tend to be a little bit more reasonable.

Which is NOT to say that I agree with them...for the most part, I don't.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 02:47:26 am »

Opposed to same-sex marriage, opposed to abortion, opposed to equal rights for women, opposed to recognising trans people's gender identity... it's certainly not left wing, socially speaking at least.

If you view right vs left as an economic distinction then that's more complicated.
Σא

Even Then

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:25 pm »
We have a sarcasm colour? Neat!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 12:43:48 pm »

I'm gonna have to remember to use that.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:21 pm »

I'm gonna have to remember to use that.

all it took was me using it and explaining it three times to the newbies, too.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:13 pm »
You never explained it IIRC, you just started using blue text out of the blue.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 04:50:56 pm »
you might not want to highlight your posts in red, that's the mod's color if they have to amend or censor your post.

likewise, blue is for sarcasm.

from this very thread, also, it's in the rules or some such thread.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯