Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156553 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2017, 11:54:28 am »
I don't know....it's like when you start talking about time travel, and you get into paradoxes and all that.  It makes my head hurt after a while.   :o

"I'm into paradoxes. I wanted to make an album about them, but the group told me I was a pretentious fart. They were right."
-- Brian May

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2017, 01:36:02 pm »
Reminds me of this:
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »
Wow. Deep cuts with the bob and george strip.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2017, 03:39:56 pm »
I could have posted an Oglaf strip with annoying and paradoxical time travel but the Bob and George "I hate time travel" joke as always funny. And a lot less NSFW.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »
Sooo... Today's Oglaf?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2017, 01:51:27 pm »
Does anyone else find Christian News Network to be a clickbait-ridden, slow, annoying website (apart from the obvious content issues)?

I had to run an anti-Malware program recently and it found some stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if their website was the problem.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2017, 07:32:17 pm »
A couple of thoughts/theories about Oboehner:

I keep waffling about the question:  troll or non-troll?

Because if he is a troll, I'm going to give him his due:  He is a MASTER CLASS.  He manages to outrage his opponents with his combination of lazy research and condescending sneering.  There isn't a bit of proof you can throw at him that he doesn't expertly sneer away...point to libraries and universities and classrooms for evolution?  All of it is "appealing to authority".  He'll tell you that evolutionary biologists are in on the conspiracy, as are the schools that teach evolution in science classes.  Reduces all of it to faith, while never ONCE revealing his own belief system (which I can't identify myself after all this time - I just think of him as General Ultra-Right Fundamentalist).

But - if he's NOT a troll, and actually believes all the things he writes?  I'm going to call him a menace to society.  An absolutely terrifying person, made worse by the fact that he has offspring.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2017, 07:25:48 am »
This new one Rureadymatt... whatever. Long, irritating username.

Anyway, she's quite the piece of work. (I'm pretty sure it's a she.) She keeps making pronouncements that she can't back up. "This study is junk science! "This court ruling is ridiculous!" I've asked her several times to explain what she means, but she just deflects and accuses me of being a troll, or having "circular, fallacious" arguments that "wouldn't stand up in college." Naturally, she never says what's wrong with them, or even what "arguments" she's referring to.

I asked her to explain why a certain court ruling was ridiculous, and what part she disagreed with. The point being, of course, to point out that she knew nothing of the ruling, what the issue the court was asked to rule on and what it ruled. True to form, she just snapped at me about "clouding the issue with flowery words" or some such. (Essentially, "I don't understand the procedural nuances of law, so I'm just going to say that any ruling in favor of a transgender person is wrong because the law is whatever I say it is.")

Once, she went on a diatribe about how all trolls should be banned, along with a long copypasta about what kinds of trolls there were on the internet. The whole thing got removed by the mods, en masse. I guess, as crazy as it sounds, showing up somewhere and ordering the people in charge to make it more to your liking WITHING YOUR FIRST TWO DAYS doesn't go over well.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2017, 12:21:19 pm »
I saw that one.  Didn't know it was a woman.  I did notice lots of stuff getting deleted recently, maybe they outright banned her.  Wouldn't be the first time they removed one of their own.  I recall when they removed The Last Trump...that was pure, sweet relief because the guy was such a horrible human being.  Top of the list of the people I wish they'd ban is "Guest" (with the menorah avatar) - followed closely by Oboehner.  The former is a troll for sure.  The latter is just an idiot.

I had a comment banned myself yesterday.  I simply asked Oboehner which law school he graduated from.  And they DELETED that! 

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2017, 04:43:42 pm »
I saw that one.  Didn't know it was a woman.  I did notice lots of stuff getting deleted recently, maybe they outright banned her.  Wouldn't be the first time they removed one of their own.  I recall when they removed The Last Trump...that was pure, sweet relief because the guy was such a horrible human being.  Top of the list of the people I wish they'd ban is "Guest" (with the menorah avatar) - followed closely by Oboehner.  The former is a troll for sure.  The latter is just an idiot.

I had a comment banned myself yesterday.  I simply asked Oboehner which law school he graduated from.  And they DELETED that!

Actually, I think they cut a giant chunk of that just because me and Oboehner were nipping at each other unproductively. You were just collateral damage although I suspect they didn't much like your comment either.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »
That "DKELForAmerica" guy is really ticking me off already, after one conversation with him.  Asked him a simple question about a statement HE made, but do I get a straight answer?  Hell no.  Apparently I need to take a history lesson or something.  You'd think someone that makes the statement that the US Constitution is based on Christian values would be ready with an answer when someone (like me) asks him which ones in particular.  I think he did just about the same to Ambulance Chaser.  I guess he thinks no one is on his intellectual level or something.

Then he makes the statement that "the American people voted for Trump."  Sorry, but actually they didn't, the Electoral College did.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2017, 08:58:26 pm »
That "DKELForAmerica" guy is really ticking me off already, after one conversation with him.  Asked him a simple question about a statement HE made, but do I get a straight answer?  Hell no.  Apparently I need to take a history lesson or something.  You'd think someone that makes the statement that the US Constitution is based on Christian values would be ready with an answer when someone (like me) asks him which ones in particular.  I think he did just about the same to Ambulance Chaser.  I guess he thinks no one is on his intellectual level or something.

Then he makes the statement that "the American people voted for Trump."  Sorry, but actually they didn't, the Electoral College did.

It's the basic CNN refrain: Fundie makes a ludicrous statement, liberal asks him to explain himself, and fundie responds with insults, irrelevancies, misdirection, changes the subject, demeans liberal's intelligence/parentage/beliefs/qualifications OR LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT ANSWERING THE QUESTION.

I'm pretty much immune to it by now. You'd have to really crank it up to a new level before my blood starts boiling. DKelf doesn't quite rise to that level. No one since they booted Royce really does. He's my gold standard.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2017, 11:04:09 pm »
I'm just amazed they haven't banned me.  They must have different people moderating than they used to.  I used to get banned at the drop of a hat. I've had at least ten names on CNN.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:45 am »
Parodyx was banned tonight.  So was Colin Rafferty I believe.

I will be back shortly with a new name.  I hope Colin returns too.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2017, 08:44:57 am »
Oh my God, is there even one person on that site who understands burden of proof??

Yesterday, Guest Verified kept telling me that trans isn't inborn, and there's no science that says it is. I showed him some that does, so he said "Well, that's debunked."

I said "When? Where? By whom?"

"By science. There's a website that shows retracted papers."

"Yeah, these aren't on it."

"Those are puff pieces. Old and debunked."

"WHEN!??"

"Puff pieces."

Then, today, I have a new idiot, Scorched Earth, who thinks the student suing her college for forcing her to sit through a poetry class where she didn't like the poems has "a good case."

I said, "For what?"

"Discrimination."

"What kind of discrimination? Under what theory? What statute?"

"You must not be much of a lawyer if you don't know."

God DAMMIT you idiots! YOU make the claim, YOU provide the evidence! It's not the job of the person you're debating with to make your case for you!