Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

A theological question about Heaven and Hell

(1/19) > >>

Skybison:
Heaven is supposed to be a prefect paradise where those who go there are in a state of perfect bliss.

But here's the thing, the strongest emotion most people feel is love for their children (there are exceptions of course and that's fine, but still the majority).  But what if a parent gets into heaven but his or her child goes to hell?  How could the parents possibly experience perfect bliss if their child was being tortured in hell?  Wouldn't this be a deeply horrible and traumatic life for the parents?  Same for other close relationships: Lovers, siblings, friends etc how could anyone be happy in heaven if someone they cared about was in hell?  I ask you Jacob, could you be happy in heaven if someone you cared about was in the lake of fire?

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Skybison on September 07, 2018, 02:05:23 pm ---Heaven is supposed to be a prefect paradise where those who go there are in a state of perfect bliss.

But here's the thing, the strongest emotion most people feel is love for their children (there are exceptions of course and that's fine, but still the majority).  But what if a parent gets into heaven but his or her child goes to hell?  How could the parents possibly experience perfect bliss if their child was being tortured in hell?  Wouldn't this be a deeply horrible and traumatic life for the parents?  Same for other close relationships: Lovers, siblings, friends etc how could anyone be happy in heaven if someone they cared about was in hell?  I ask you Jacob, could you be happy in heaven if someone you cared about was in the lake of fire?

--- End quote ---

The bible says that God will wipe away every tear, which means that God will make the parents happy even though their children are damned.

Skybison:
Would you want that to happen Jacob?  Let's say it's you and your daughter is sent to hell, would you want God to force you to be happy while she suffers?

dpareja:
So basically, in Heaven, you're lobotomized.

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Skybison on September 07, 2018, 02:33:24 pm ---Would you want that to happen Jacob?  Let's say it's you and your daughter is sent to hell, would you want God to force you to be happy while she suffers?

--- End quote ---

Of course I wouldn’t want that to happen. I would want her to be in heaven too which is why I would strive to raise my daughter to be a good Christian to prevent that from happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version