Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I thought nuns were the Brides of Christ. Of course, that would make priests the Side Dick of Christ.
Bug Reports / Re: What’s going on with fstdt.com?
« Last post by Barbarella on April 26, 2018, 08:47:14 pm »
It likely only refers to here.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by RavynousHunter on April 26, 2018, 08:28:19 pm »
It ain't BitCoin destroying GPUs, anymore.  Now, its machine learning!
« Last post by Lana Reverse on April 26, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »
Don't look too harshly at this.  Most people are thinking he won't really last as long as Tillerson did.  And even if he does, a Democratic Congress will be the first to successfully impeach Trump and Peance has to fill his own cabinet.

Ironbite-also 5 of the 7 Democrats are living in Trump landslide states and are trying to limit campaign damage.

Except that Trump is sinking in popularity even in those states. Voting against his picks and campaigning on how Trump broke his promises (get out of war, drain the swamp) and you're holding him to those promises has, I think, a better chance of being successful than voting with Trump.

I wonder if skepticism of the polls is playing a part. Remember how many predicted a Clinton landslide?

The results there were within the margin of error.

This. FiveThirtyEight had Trump at a 25% chance of winning. That's the same percentage as rolling a D4 and coming up with a 1.

Trump supporters have a very predictable relationship with polls. Remember when the Rasmussen poll had Trump at 51% approval? Well, they were championing it as "proof" that Trump was actually popular, despite every other major poll having him at 45%, at best, with the FiveThirtyEight aggregate putting him at 40.1%. When a poll says something they like, then the poll is true. When a poll says something they don't like, well, let's just say that if I had a dollar for every time I saw a Trump supporter say something along the lines of "those same polls said Hillary was guaranteed to win," I could buy a video card in the current Bitcoin destroyed market.

And even a 51% approval rating is hardly worth bragging about. Certainly not enough to call somebody "popular."
« Last post by Cloud3514 on April 26, 2018, 07:18:41 pm »
Don't look too harshly at this.  Most people are thinking he won't really last as long as Tillerson did.  And even if he does, a Democratic Congress will be the first to successfully impeach Trump and Peance has to fill his own cabinet.

Ironbite-also 5 of the 7 Democrats are living in Trump landslide states and are trying to limit campaign damage.

Except that Trump is sinking in popularity even in those states. Voting against his picks and campaigning on how Trump broke his promises (get out of war, drain the swamp) and you're holding him to those promises has, I think, a better chance of being successful than voting with Trump.

I wonder if skepticism of the polls is playing a part. Remember how many predicted a Clinton landslide?

This. FiveThirtyEight had Trump at a 25% chance of winning. That's the same percentage as rolling a D4 and coming up with a 1.

Trump supporters have a very predictable relationship with polls. Remember when the Rasmussen poll had Trump at 51% approval? Well, they were championing it as "proof" that Trump was actually popular, despite every other major poll having him at 45%, at best, with the FiveThirtyEight aggregate putting him at 40.1%. When a poll says something they like, then the poll is true. When a poll says something they don't like, well, let's just say that if I had a dollar for every time I saw a Trump supporter say something along the lines of "those same polls said Hillary was guaranteed to win," I could buy a video card in the current Bitcoin destroyed market.
« Last post by dpareja on April 26, 2018, 06:22:06 pm »

Bug Reports / Re: What’s going on with fstdt.com?
« Last post by RavynousHunter on April 26, 2018, 05:56:18 pm »
It likely only refers to here.
« Last post by Lana Reverse on April 26, 2018, 05:54:32 pm »

« Last post by dpareja on April 26, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »

« Last post by ironbite on April 26, 2018, 05:31:07 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10