Author Topic: Saudi Arabia goes once more into the fray  (Read 5483 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Saudi Arabia goes once more into the fray
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »
The fray of fighting homosexuality that is

A new report released this morning states that Saudia Arabia has asked its Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice to begin enforcing the banishment of gay and "tom boy" students from schools and universities in an attempt to further thwart homosexuality in the country, where it is already considered a capital offense.

Seriously we need to go in and get these morons out of power.  They do so much damage because of their own bias.  It would be so sweet if it was found that each and every single one of these old bearded idiots was doing some 12 year old during meetings.

Ironbite-wonder if they'd set their own police after them.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Saudi Arabia goes once more into the fray
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 02:03:44 pm »
The last time we went in to get a moron out of power (or so the excuse was), we not only wasted thousands of taxpayer money (much of which was shouldered by the middle class) but we also made the situation WORSE when even bigger morons took over.

Still, this is horrible.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »
With Saudi Arabia honestly I'm thinking just everyone should stop buying oil

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »

This but it isn't that easy. Even if we somehow managed to get North America to stop, doesn't mean that China and other big importers would.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »

This but it isn't that easy. Even if we somehow managed to get North America to stop, doesn't mean that China and other big importers would.
We actually dont buy too much oil from them
Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country    Sep-11    Aug-11    YTD 2011    Sep-10    YTD 2010
CANADA    2,324    2,240    2,157    1,937    1,971
SAUDI ARABIA    1,465    1,075    1,180    1,082    1,072
MEXICO    1,099    1,150    1,113    1,108    1,132
VENEZUELA    759    806    893    919    928
NIGERIA    529    854    826    1,107    1,018
COLOMBIA    510    365    364    308    328
IRAQ    403    637    473    422    464
ECUADOR    299    303    203    229    215
ANGOLA    283    311    323    404    413
RUSSIA    275    252    246    286    295
BRAZIL    163    213    225    177    270
KUWAIT    145    165    164    172    204
ALGERIA    139    140    204    366    337
CHAD    74    32    54    30    14
OMAN    72    52    39    0    0
ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:31:09 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:28:19 pm »
I'm not sure if this is better or worse than Iran's "gay don't exist" shit they said a while back.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:28:55 am »

That and even if the Saudis weren't rich, they'd still be the same backwards, Islamic nutters they are now.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:35:37 am »

That and even if the Saudis weren't rich, they'd still be the same backwards, Islamic nutters they are now.

And the American south would still be the same backwards, Christian nutters.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 12:38:28 am »

And the American south would still be the same backwards, Christian nutters.

A little irrelevant and random, but I guess Saudi Arabia's oil money or lack thereof would indeed have a limited effect on religious attitudes in the American South.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:47 am »

Well part of the problem is that Saudi oil money does not trickle down

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 07:22:52 am »

It's not economic at all. The problem is that not just the government but also the religion and the culture actively encourage this sort of behavior. If it were about wealth than the upper and middle classes should be majority opposed to such actions.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03:35 am »

It's not economic at all. The problem is that not just the government but also the religion and the culture actively encourage this sort of behavior. If it were about wealth than the upper and middle classes should be majority opposed to such actions.
I was going more by the idea if wealth was better distributed then democracy might come

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:55 am »

I was going more by the idea if wealth was better distributed then democracy might come

Skip to 1:35
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlIm-riMN6Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlIm-riMN6Q</a>

Art Vandelay

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:58 am »
Well that's a whole separate issue now isn't it?

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:00:22 pm »
Sigh, what do you say to this to do this sort of thing justice, really?
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze