Author Topic: Diablo 3 Open Beta  (Read 3928 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Diablo 3 Open Beta
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »
For those who are interested, Blizzard is running an Open Beta of Diablo 3 this weekend. I've played through the Beta (which is just Act 1) with the Monk, and will try the other classes.

So far, I'm...underwhelmed. It's not bad, but compared to what I was hoping for, it is lacking. I never came close to dying, and only had to use healing potions on a few bosses. (I wasn't using the Monk's healing ability, either.) There was really no need to swap powers. I chose two attacks and kept them through the entire Act. (More unlocked, but I just didn't see the need in swapping out what I had.) There are no side quests. Cap for the Beta is 13, but I beat it at 9. You can go back and replay parts of the questline, but it's just to grind. (I replayed the last part and got my Monk up to almost-11.)

I was all set to pre-order the game, but now I am not sure. I will get it eventually, but am in no hurry.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Diablo 3 Open Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »
I've heard that Normal is, indeed, supposed to be very easy.

Then when you get to the next difficulty, the difficulty spike is intense.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:58 am »
Four words that will strike fear into the hearts of most Diablo 2 players:

Multiple Shots Lightning Enchanted.

Never encountered on normal :)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 04:25:29 am »
I'm curious as to how Wizard plays, in words not in video.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 10:48:59 am »
Four words that will strike fear into the hearts of most Diablo 2 players:

Multiple Shots Lightning Enchanted.

Never encountered on normal :)

There is worse in 5 words: Multiple Shot, Lightning enchanted, Teleportation!
The unbreakable wall

Distind

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 11:25:12 am »
Just to be a complete dick, a few of the original diablo devs kicked up their own studio and are releasing a similar game about a month after diablo's coming out. The biggest difference being you can pre-order 4 copies of their game torchlight 2 for the same price as one copy of diablo 3, oh, and you get 4 copies of the original to play until the second comes out.

Torchlight itself is a blast, only down side is the first one doesn't have mutiplayer. Second does, along with more.. well.. everything, than the first one.

If anyone's interested in it I'm considering doing the four pack purchase myself, as my household would use up two copies of the game ourselves. If two other folks are interested I'll just write the lot of it off as me not buying diablo 3 and possibly having some folks to play torchlight 2 with.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 06:29:22 pm »
Just to be a complete dick, a few of the original diablo devs kicked up their own studio and are releasing a similar game about a month after diablo's coming out. The biggest difference being you can pre-order 4 copies of their game torchlight 2 for the same price as one copy of diablo 3, oh, and you get 4 copies of the original to play until the second comes out.

Torchlight itself is a blast, only down side is the first one doesn't have mutiplayer. Second does, along with more.. well.. everything, than the first one.

If anyone's interested in it I'm considering doing the four pack purchase myself, as my household would use up two copies of the game ourselves. If two other folks are interested I'll just write the lot of it off as me not buying diablo 3 and possibly having some folks to play torchlight 2 with.

Well, if you end up doing the 4 pack purchase, consider sending one my way?

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »

I wouldn't mind a copy as well!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Distind

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 06:33:19 am »
If you guys can friend me on steam and let me know which ones you are I'll do it tonight. Also, you guys got the first?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 03:13:49 pm »
If you guys can friend me on steam and let me know which ones you are I'll do it tonight. Also, you guys got the first?

Sent you an invite, my profile name is Wheelworld. I think my brother had a copy of the first game, gonna have to ask him if he can dig it out for me.

Distind

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »
I as asking since I get the free steam key. I've sent out copies of both 1 and 2 to the both of you.

If anyone else is interested, I still have a copy of the first torchlight for sale. And may be willing to toss another fourpack out there for the fuck of it.