Author Topic: Redhead feminist goes nuts, MRAs go nuts but like 29384389 times crazier.  (Read 13210 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
And how Catalyst seems to be a member of it.
That's disturbing.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Simply trying to read a statement and being treated that rudely?

How do you know it wasn’t she who was doing the interrupting?  From what I saw and heard, her tone of voice greatly overshadowed the MRAs at any given moment, and it also seems that she got in the lion’s share of dialogue as well.  For all we know, she could have whipped out the list while someone else was talking to her, but the video isn’t clear as to who initiated the talking, nor is it clear about whose turn it was to talk.

She was the one who was interrupting. She would ask the MRAs a question and before they could answer, she would tell them to shut up.

And this justifies posting her personal info on the internet, sending her death threats, and cyber-harassment because...?

Oh, wait, it doesn't, and you're just desperately trying to dreg up anything against her to fuel your raging anti-feminist fire.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
If neither side behaves any better than the other I see no reason not to mock both of them.

This!

She went to the event looking for a confrontation, she got one.  The only problem is she miscalculated how low the other side would go.  Both sides are stupid in this case and should be mocked.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
If neither side behaves any better than the other I see no reason not to mock both of them.

This!

She went to the event looking for a confrontation, she got one.  The only problem is she miscalculated how low the other side would go.  Both sides are stupid in this case and should be mocked.

Both sides are stupid in this case. One is encouraging its members to commit crimes. Regardless of what you think of her conduct, no one deserves to have their information posted online simply for disagreeing with you or being rude. Unless you actually support that "Register Her" site to publicly humiliate "misandrists."
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
Quote from: Man Boobz article
Her crime? She wasn’t exactly polite in responding to the interrupters. And so, after video of the confrontation was uploaded to YouTube, and linked to on the Men’s
Rights subreddit and elsewhere, she became a virtual punching bag for the angry misogynists of the internet.

Indeed, it was “she” who was the one being interrupted.  Of course, a proper method of conversation/debate etiquette, apparently, would be screaming,  beating sticks, and yelling into a megaphone (0:16 of first video) right outside of a lecture hall and wasting man hours/resources by pulling the fire alarm (1:06 of first video).  I mean, one does run the risk of distracting the firefighters from an actual situation that requires their attention, but I am sure it is worth it to deny one’s ideological opponents a platform to speak with.

Of course, none of this is mentioned by Man Boobz, not that I expected them to give the full story.
I don't think Futrelle is being deliberately dishonest there, considering how much he seems to care about the initial incident (about as much as me and most people in this thread besides you, read : not at all).

The article is all about the hundreds of so-called men's rights activists who proved themselves to be pathetic excuses for human beings by making an Goldstein-esque figure of hate out of a rude but insignificant quote-unquote "social justice warrior" and her rude but insignificant protest against a MRA lecture. The people who actually participated in the lecture are, literally, only present for context, not to be bashed.

If only you weren't too busy fulminating against the blogger and his gender betrayal, you may have realised that fact instead of bitching on and on about something completely irrelevant.

Please find one article on the AVfM article that advocates pre-emptive assault of women.
What? Are you kidding? From the master himself:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens-issues/if-you-see-jezebel-in-the-road-run-the-bitch-down/

Not so much "pre-emptive" as completely unprovoked:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/women/the-unspoken-side-of-rape/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/study-reveals-female-rape-victims-enjoyed-the-experience/

Let's keep in mind that AVfM is probably the most "mainstream" and "respectable" MRA website out there, and that the audience is considerably crazier than that, as shown in the comments.

Show me articles that can be described as misogynistic.
Do I need to link a good third of the articles or are the extreme cases listed above enough?

I must say, I didn't expect to find people in this forum who actually defend the viewpoint that Western society treated genders equally until feminism skewed it against males. How detached from reality do you need to be in order to believe that the injustices encountered by men as a gender are caused by systematic oppression, rather than stemming from the lingering influence of the harmful gender expectations some of them cherish so fucking much? That there is a "War on Marriage the Rich Christmas Religion Men" going on? That false rape accusations are a bigger problem than rape? Isn't that the kind of outlandish insanity FSTDT is supposed to mock?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:32:31 pm by Murdin »

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
Both sides are stupid in this case. One is encouraging its members to commit crimes. Regardless of what you think of her conduct, no one deserves to have their information posted online simply for disagreeing with you or being rude. Unless you actually support that "Register Her" site to publicly humiliate "misandrists."

Deserve, no...expected, yes.  At this point no one should be surprised that if you put yourself out there like she did you are going to become a target.  That is why the best bet is to ignore the crazy idiots.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Whore of Spamylon, I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove here.

We already acknowledged that she did a Bad Thingtm.  Many of the people on this forum are feminists, so it goes to logic that they're calling one of their own out.

You, however, seem to be defending the MRAs in this instance in much the same manner you accuse us of "defending" the lady in this scenario.

Since you seem to be sympathetic to the MRA causes you feel are genuine, where have you spent time calling out the troublemakers instead of making excuses for them?

It seems that in any situation in which we talk about at least one proven misogynistic douchebag and a loud feminist (not even a radfem), you always take the side of the misogynists and start handing out copious amounts of ire aimed at the loud feminist.

Deserve, no...expected, yes.  At this point no one should be surprised that if you put yourself out there like she did you are going to become a target.  That is why the best bet is to ignore the crazy idiots.

Problem is, if you ignore crazy idiots, people will actually start to believe they have merit.

Just look at how fundamentalism is still spreading.

ADDENDUM: GODDAMMIT GUYS LET ME POST HAHAHAHAHA
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
Problem is, if you ignore crazy idiots, people will actually start to believe they have merit.

Okay, that is true.  I still think her tactics could have been a lot better.

...unless this is what she was going for?  I mean at the end of the day the MRAs look a lot worse than she does.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard

Okay, that is true.  I still think her tactics could have been a lot better.

Not gonna argue about this one bit.  Shouting over people just makes them shout over you, and you both look equally stupid and it only reinforces each side's assumptions.

...unless this is what she was going for?  I mean at the end of the day the MRAs look a lot worse than she does.

It's kinda like tripping in a sword fight while your opponent slashes at you, and they overbalance and cut their own calf open.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Somehow I totally missed that spirited defense of the misogynist "Voice for Men" site.

Show me articles that can be described as misogynistic.
The entire site is disgusting and misogynist, especially since it's headed by Paul Elam who disturbingly told his audience that he likes "to look at women that are little fuckmuffins" and that "fuckmuffin should be regarded with same respect as you would afford a stinging insect." He has a site called "Register Her", a purported "offenders registry" for women who supposedly make false rape/abuse accusations. As he said on the AVfM radio show:

IIRC, the new owner is Kristina Hansen but holy shit, that article was immature as fuck. Thanks for showing me,

She was the one who was interrupting. She would ask the MRAs a question and before they could answer, she would tell them to shut up.

And this justifies posting her personal info on the internet, sending her death threats, and cyber-harassment because...?

Oh, wait, it doesn't, and you're just desperately trying to dreg up anything against her to fuel your raging anti-feminist fire.
[/quote]

Um, no I was correcting someone and never stated something that has already been said 20 times. Why are you asking me this? Got sand in your ass?

I must say, I didn't expect to find people in this forum who actually defend the viewpoint that Western society treated genders equally until feminism skewed it against males. How detached from reality do you need to be in order to believe that the injustices encountered by men as a gender are caused by systematic oppression, rather than stemming from the lingering influence of the harmful gender expectations some of them cherish so fucking much?

Who says this (bolded part)? And gender roles are systematic.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
Who says this (bolded part)?

Seriously, what are you guys smoking?

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/debate-is-feminism-hate/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/feminist-lies-feminism/womens-woes-compared-to-what/
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/feminist-governance-feminism/the-uk-domestic-violence-protection-order-dvpo/ <- the conclusion: feminism is a totalitarian ploy to make the population easier to control because women are morally retarded. I think that counts?

Again, this is only from A Voice from Men, the politically correct tip of an iceberg of batshittery.

Men and women used to live in harmony as masters and servants, then feminists came and ruined everything by extending basic human Men's rights to women. That's the fundamental thesis of the Men's "rights" movement.

Tangential rant about well-intentioned MRA/feminists and patriarchy:
(click to show/hide)

Anyway... let's be realist. Both feminists and the MRM are talking at great length about the cause of protecting men from legal injustice and precarity, but neither of them are going to do much else than talk. The former because while there are plenty of well-intentioned feminists, as a group, they are exactly as myopic and self-serving as basically every purportedly "humanistic" movement ever ; and the latter because it's much easier and safer to revert back to what they imagine as a previous state of equitableness than to try and fix what's actually broken. Selfish hypocrites on one side, selfish, hypocritical reactionaries with a warped conception of fairness on the other.

And gender roles are systematic.

Are you seriously trying to argue that the MRA are valiantly fighting against the traditional conception of masculinity, instead of practically worshipping it? Or did you answer that way just for the sake of "making a point"?

Anyway, men are not "systematically oppressed" by gender roles. Most adult men won't ever find their fundamental rights and freedoms curtailed by another person or group, an oppressor, just because of their gender. The effects of gender roles on modern society are much more insidious than that. Their most ardent enforcers tend to make their greatest victims out of themselves and their loved ones. That's pretty much the exact opposite of the us-versus-them mentality implied by systematic oppression.