Author Topic: Even Counting Votes Too Scientific For NC  (Read 1134 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Even Counting Votes Too Scientific For NC
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:11:20 am »
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/plugged-in/2013/05/02/even-counting-votes-too-scientific-for-north-carolina/

As a friend of mine put it, "It's official...'lalalalaIcan'thearyoulalalala' is now official government policy."
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Even Counting Votes Too Scientific For NC
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:04 am »
Isn't this several kinds of illegal?

Won't these decicions be overturned/cancelled by the congress or some court or something?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:56:21 am »
Pretty much.  SCOTUS usually decides on these kinds of things and usually smacks down shit like this post-haste.

Ironbite-it's like they're trying to see how stupid they can get.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:15 am »
...GDI, I was born in North Carolina (in Camp Lejeune, but hey..) and I'm sorry, but if the State government is this fucking stupid, well...fuck it, throw them out, and get new elections going, ASAP.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:17 am »
...GDI, I was born in North Carolina (in Camp Lejeune, but hey..) and I'm sorry, but if the State government is this fucking stupid, well...fuck it, throw them out, and get new elections going, ASAP.
That's not going to help. The general population likes to elect morons. That's what caused this problem in the first place.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:16:16 am »
New secession: South North Carolina is forced to leave the Union, loses all taxes ect. Anyone who wants to leave only has to pass an exam, where the only question is "was the Civil War about States' Rights, or slavery"? If a person responds the first, they're forced to stay.

Edit: damn, it's North Carolina. Civil War joke not so good.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:46 am »
Why does there need to be two Carolinas?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:44 pm »
Pod people taking over in the legislature. Thanks, ALEC. Thanks, fundie mega churches. Thanks, GOP. You've ruined a decent state. Dumb 'em down and scare 'em and lie like all fucking hell, all the time. Pander to the lowest common denominator voters, rinse and repeat for 20 years. Voila - a creeping, bloodless coup for plutocrats to get another state full of cheap labor pools. Lots of cheap land for toxic industries. Nice. In one of the prettiest nature regions in America.

About 25 years ago, North Carolina lead the South in scholastic achievement test scores for pre-college age students. And those scores were in the top ten percentile in several academic categories in the national SAT ranks. North Carolina had a very high per capita number of colleges and universities, lead by several fine schools like Duke University, one of the Southern Ivy League unis (both my parents went there).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle_Park,_North_Carolina
But they'll keep that - It makes money.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:11:47 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 05:22:03 pm »
They have to be practical.  In NC it takes a lot of time to find people who can count.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »
This will have to be handled internal by the state assembly.  Unless there are specific laws the state assembly has to follow they are just like the US congress, they get to make their own rules.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth