Author Topic: Save the masturbating fetuses  (Read 3842 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Re: Save the masturbating fetuses
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:55 am »
I really REALLY hope this was an Onion article.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:13 am »
I really REALLY hope this was an Onion article.

Don't we all? But it's a "truth is stranger than fiction" reality. Burgess did not use the word "masturbation" itself, just insinuated that fetuses seen grasping between their legs indicates an ability to feel pleasure. Which is ignorant, creepy as fuck he even thought about it, and is a beautiful example of fundwit grasping at (teeny weeny underdeveloped nubby) straws.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 03:47:00 pm »
I just got an email from a women's rights group saying this passed the House. Is that true? Please tell me they're sadly mistaken...
I read the newspaper this morning. I think it passed.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
I just got an email from a women's rights group saying this passed the House. Is that true? Please tell me they're sadly mistaken...

Yeah, but there's no way in Hell the Senate will pass it--they probably won't even bring it to the floor--and even if they did there's no way in Hell the President would sign it.

This is just more pandering to the Fundie base.  That's pretty much all the House is capable of nowadays.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »
There is that but they really do think if they jam more and more of this crap through, they'll get what they want.  The magic bullet to kill Roe vs. Wade.

Ironbite-time for about 228 Reps to get...retired.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »
Talk about your invasions of privacy!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

Considering I'm on Planned Parenthood's mailing list, I have to say I was pretty pissed when I heard the stooges who run my home state passed this bill, even against the will of many obstetricians and gynecologists who voted against it. Now Texas is a bigger rat shit hole than it is already, as it swirls down the downward spiral. At least, at 20 weeks, it's 5 months into pregnancy, leaving enough time to get and abortion by then... ignoring those dreadful waiting periods and ultrasounds prior to abortion (for Appeal to Emotion's sake)...