Author Topic: The poster's alignment system game  (Read 8679 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: The poster's alignment system game
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 06:21:38 am »
You named yourself after a woman who became the mother of all succubi, so you're naturally Chaotic Evil.

;) I keed, I keed. From what I've seen, you strike me as Neutral Good. Not to hung up on law and order, but not an advocate of anarchy except in very specific circumstances, and still supporting the common good.

My turn!
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:50 am »
I would say your natural good judging by what I've seen you say, now can someone do me...please?
Bow chicka bow wow! And, I agree with Neutral Good.

You named yourself after a woman who became the mother of all succubi, so you're naturally Chaotic Evil.

;) I keed, I keed. From what I've seen, you strike me as Neutral Good. Not to hung up on law and order, but not an advocate of anarchy except in very specific circumstances, and still supporting the common good.

My turn!
Neutral good. Pretty much the same as what you said for her.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 09:27:29 pm »
lighthorseman was Chaotic Evil.

LHM was more chaotic neutral.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »
I don't think I have enough of a personality here to have an alignment. ;p

Yeah, same for me.  I rarely post any opinions of any real substance because by the time I get round to repsonding with my thoughts on an important or deep topic someone else has usually gotten in before and made pretty much the same points I was going to make - and usually much better than I would have.  So then there's not much point in my replying to the thread as my post will just be redundant and won't add anyhting to the discussion.  So it'd be interesting to see if anyone can come up with an alignment for me.  I'd probably have to look up what it meant anyway.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »
Pretty much the alignments are what they say on the tin. 

Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Lawful Evil, Neutral, Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good.

I've been all of these in some form or fashion over the years.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »
I'm afraid I've been too much of a lurker to have a defined alignment here.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 02:07:57 am »
Blast from a past I wasn't here for: Pastor Dave was chaotic evil (and a douchebag). However, he would probably see himself as chaotic good because he was being a douchebag for Jesus.
What's mine?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 02:13:41 am »
Chaotic good, I'd say.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:57 am »
Pretty much the alignments are what they say on the tin. 

Chaotic Evil, Neutral Evil, Lawful Evil, Neutral, Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good.

Yeah but examples of well known characters that fall into those categories would be useful, as some of them to be sound almost like oxy morons to me, like "Nuetral Evil".  How can someone be neutral but evil?  Is it like not helping your allies when they go to war for no other reason than spite coz you don't actually like your ally that much or something lol?

Some too would just be a matter of perspective would they not?  Many characters would be considered some form of evil by most people, but to the character themselves they might believe what they are doing is the right thing or is for the greater good, so in their minds their good not evil and there's probably others who would agree with them.  I've never played D&D (although I'd quite like too, listening to some of the tales on Counter Monkey made it sound like it could be a lot of fun with the right people) but allignments seem a bit too complicated and fluid to pin down anyone as being in any particular category.  It must make the game a little awkward at times? I bet it causes a lot of arguments too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:08:13 am by Katsuro »

wrightway

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 10:59:52 am »
Lawful evil is a bad guy with a set of morals. They have rules and regulations, a code that they live by. They tend to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. Megamind from the first half of the movie would be an extreme example. Magneto from X-men fame would be another.

Chaotic evil tends to be evil for the luls. The Joker is a great example.

Neutral evil tends to fall to henchmen. What they're doing is bad but they don't feel one way or the other about it. It's a job, nothing more.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
Wikipedia's article on alignment actually has detailed descriptions and examples of well-known characters for each.

But the rough idea is: Good is altruistic and helps others, Evil cares primarily about itself and harms others, Lawful thinks respect for established rules is important, Chaotic thinks rules just get in the way. You can be neutral with respect to good and evil, or neutral with respect to law and chaos (or both, typically called Neutral or True Neutral because 'Neutral Neutral' sounds silly).

Of course there's room for ambiguity; most people consider themselves Good regardless,  and Law vs Chaos varies with respect to which code you're following.
Σא