Author Topic: Cop allegedly assaults 8 women  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Cop allegedly assaults 8 women
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »
Well, believe it or not, some police departments don't treat their officers as being above the law.

Now that is a surprise. Still, I'm sure they'll find a way to prove us wrong about them. In Spokane, after the rogue cop was finally convicted, the rest of the bastards gave him a standing ovation as he left the courthouse. I'm expecting similar problems here.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:19:43 am »
Well, believe it or not, some police departments don't treat their officers as being above the law.

Now that is a surprise. Still, I'm sure they'll find a way to prove us wrong about them. In Spokane, after the rogue cop was finally convicted, the rest of the bastards gave him a standing ovation as he left the courthouse. I'm expecting similar problems here.
Even if the Police Department punishes its officers, there's still the social belief that policemen can't do wrong. ( go in the comments section of any article on police brutality to- okay, bad idea, don't do that.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:52 am »

Even if the Police Department punishes its officers, there's still the social belief that policemen can't do wrong. ( go in the comments section of any article on police brutality to- okay, bad idea, don't do that.

I sold collapsible batons to cops at my job. For those who don't know, it's a VERY powerful bludgeoning weapon. Even a small one can break a brick with little effort. They are illegal to carry and use in France. My biggest clients for them? Law enforcement, and one put it so nicely too:"Sometimes, pepper spray and a tonfa just isn't enough"... By the way, the wiki list of disadvantages are bull. They don't rattle or come undone easily. Trust me, I've had to learn how to use and maintain one to show my clients. You want to fold it? You'll have to hit the ground with it hard. Like "denting sheet metal" levels of force.

Yeah, law enforcement CAN and WILL do wrong, good thing most of them will only do it to get out of a stabbing or another dangerous situation.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:35:14 pm »
I'm just surprised the cops sided against their own here...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
I'm just surprised the cops sided against their own here...
I suppose I agree with you on this, often times cops will support those of their own who are involved in killings, generally in spots notorious for police brutality.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:33:56 pm »
Seriously, how common do you guys think it is for the police to cover up the crimes they do?

Because in Finland I am aware of cops losing their jobs for something as minor as stealing a car lamp from the stations supplies for their own car.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:55 pm »
Seriously, how common do you guys think it is for the police to cover up the crimes they do?

Because in Finland I am aware of cops losing their jobs for something as minor as stealing a car lamp from the stations supplies for their own car.
In America it's fairly common actually.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

Well, that depends on where you live.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

Eh, pretty common. The police basically act with impunity. Any crimes they commit are just covered up by the police guilds, and ig they do somehow get convicted, they'll get a slap-on-the-wrist sentence and a standing ovation from the guild. Just look at Karl Thompson and Otto Zehm.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

Well, that depends on where you live.
True, places in the south (think Alabama, Florida, ect.) are extremely bad about it.