Author Topic: GOP's Top Priority: Raise Taxes On The Poor, Cut Taxes On The Rich  (Read 1517 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
http://theweek.com/article/index/272922/the-republican-partys-top-priority-is-to-raise-taxes-on-the-poor-literally

Following their convincing victory in the 2014 elections, everyone is wondering what Republicans will do with their new majority in the Senate and House. Well, their policy agenda is becoming clear. It will be unrestrained class warfare against the poor.

This priority was made apparent over the last week during the negotiation of a colossal tax cut package. Senate Democrats and Republicans had been doing some low-key negotiations to renew a slew of tax cuts for corporations and lower- and middle-income Americans, according to reporting from Brian Faler and Rachel Bade at Politico.

Then President Obama announced his executive action on immigration. Enraged Republicans promptly took vengeance on all the goodies for the working poor (as well as for clean energy), cutting them out of the deal and proposing a raft of permanent tax cuts for corporations alone worth $440 billion over 10 years. Cowed Democrats, led by Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), were about ready to go along, prompting a decidedly justified outcry from liberals. Obama then threatened a veto, and the negotiations broke down entirely.

A few takeaways from this. First, it's yet another reminder that Republicans don't care about the national debt. Conservative carping about the debt is 100 percent of the time a rhetorical cudgel deployed with utter cynicism against programs they dislike for other reasons. When the topic is food stamps or unemployment insurance, they demand offsets to pay for them. (Because "we're broke," as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) put it in a similar context.) But when it comes to dropping planeloads of money on corporations and rich people, Republicans will casually blow a half-trillion hole in the 10-year budget without blinking.

Fuck the Geriatric Old Pricks.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

Re: GOP's Top Priority: Raise Taxes On The Poor, Cut Taxes On The Rich
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:43:31 am »
Well, there's a bit surprise...

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 01:57:59 am »

There are plenty of neoliberals from Generation X onwards to replace the old folks, I assure you.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 04:06:25 am »

There are plenty of neoliberals from Generation X onwards to replace the old folks, I assure you.

Eh-fuck the Xers that should have put down that dog-eared copy of Atlas Shrugged back when they had hair, or hair that wasn't as white as the GOP voting base!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:43:31 am »
I never thought I'd say this, but we need more Republicans like Nixon.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:27:12 am »

Eh-fuck the Xers that should have put down that dog-eared copy of Atlas Shrugged back when they had hair, or hair that wasn't as white as the GOP voting base!

There are plenty of neoliberal Millenials if the frequent arguments I have with Libertarians are any indication. Enough of them to discourage a much larger group from voting, at least, which is the same problem the Baby Boomers had.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 11:00:32 am »
Just wanna say that I read the last part as "Cut Taxes On The Reich."  Take from that what you will.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »

Hey, we're not THAT old... I don't think.   Maybe.