Author Topic: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy  (Read 7461 times)

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:06 am »
This thread may just be me talking to myself and trying to sort out the issues of a few of these fundies, but that's probably OK - we all need a place to organize our thoughts.  Let's just call it:

MR. PINE'S GUIDE TO CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK FUNDIES

WorldGoneCrazy is an interesting one.  Often talks about his various "science degrees" but keeps it deliberately vague apart from that.  Talks about having been an atheist for many years (I imagine him to be in his fifties).  Seems to take any argument you want to throw at him, whether it's same sex marriage or evolution, and turn it into an argument about "moral objectivity".  He's really bad at making philosophical arguments, and posts the same ones over and over (here's an example):

1. Every natural innate human desire has a corresponding satisfying object in reality. (e.g., thirst has the object of water, hunger has the object of food, etc)

2. All humans possess a natural innate desire for objective moral justice to be satisfied.

3. Therefore, objective moral justice exists.

4. In some cases, objective moral justice is not satisfied in this lifetime. (e.g., Hitler, Stalin, Mao, unrepentant abortion "doctors," abortuary deathscorts, etc)

5. Therefore, objective moral justice is achieved in an afterlife.

6. Therefore, Hell exists.

He is very fond of telling atheists that every time they make a moral judgement they are in fact borrowing from God.  One of those guys who thinks that if we are atheists there is no such thing as being moral.  A direct quote - "gassing Jews in concentration camps and keeping slaves, they're all just flavors of ice cream to you."  (He uses the ice cream comparison ENDLESSLY, and it's earned him my nickname The Ice Cream Man).

If you tangle with him, expect your two-sentence responses to eventually grow into multi-paragraph nightmares that no one in their right mind would take time to read.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:28:22 am by Mister Pine »
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
Re: Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:27:31 am »
He is also fond of quoting famous ATHEISTS to back up his statements.  Problem is, he misunderstands the point they are making.  Including this quote from Dawkins:

“In a universe of blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, or any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference… DNA neither knows nor cares. DNA just is. And we dance to its music.” (Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life (1995))

This is a perfectly good quote and I understand what Dawkins means.  Unfortunately, our friend here takes this to mean that since the universe doesn't care about things like justice, neither do its inhabitants, which is crazy.  He's essentially using Dawkins' quote to support his little ice cream statement above, that Dawkins, since he's an atheist, would have no moral issues whatsoever about gassing Jews or keeping slaves.
"It ain't supposed to make sense -  it's faith.  Faith is something that you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."  - Archie Bunker

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 09:34:10 am »
More statements from WorldGoneCrazy:

"Moral Argument for the Existence of God:

Premise 1: If there is no God, then objective moral values do not exist.
Premise 2: Objective evil exists.
Conclusion 1: Therefore, objective moral values DO exist.
Conclusion 2: Therefore, God exists."

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:45:17 am »
He also has a VERY annoying habit:  He will NOT say "atheist".  For some reason, he has to say "a-theist" with a dash.  Every.  Single.  Time.

Likewise, he has his pet expressions he loves, like Gaystapo, which he'll use authoritatively, trying to make it sound factual, as though such a group really exists.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:50 pm »
This is an area to discuss the world class thinker WorldGoneCrazy.

http://www.fstdt.com/Search.aspx?Fundie=WorldGoneCrazy

(Will edit this post later after the mods move the discussion in progress on him to this thread)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Christian News Network fundie - WorldGoneCrazy
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »
Alright, moved the relevant posts to this thread.
Σא

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »
Alright, moved the relevant posts to this thread.

They don't pay you enough.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 06:48:54 pm »
The warm glow of knowing I can go mad with power and ban y'all at any moment is all the pay I need.

I mean, uh, the satisfaction of a job well done. Yeah, that's the one.

On topic!

1. Every natural innate human desire has a corresponding satisfying object in reality. (e.g., thirst has the object of water, hunger has the object of food, etc)

2. All humans possess a natural innate desire for objective moral justice to be satisfied.

3. Therefore, objective moral justice exists.

4. In some cases, objective moral justice is not satisfied in this lifetime. (e.g., Hitler, Stalin, Mao, unrepentant abortion "doctors," abortuary deathscorts, etc)

5. Therefore, objective moral justice is achieved in an afterlife.

6. Therefore, Hell exists.

Is this guy Catholic? For some reason it's usually Catholics that want to play Aquinas and prove God through shitty philosophy.
Σא

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »
Is this guy Catholic? For some reason it's usually Catholics that want to play Aquinas and prove God through shitty philosophy.

I can state equivocally that NO, he's not Catholic, nor are too many people there.  That place is as to the far right of Catholicism as atheism, practically.  In fact, I think they'd rather a person was atheist than Catholic.  Blows my mind, frankly.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 07:46:10 pm »
That place is as to the far right of Catholicism as atheism, practically.

That jab at all atheists perplexes me. How is atheism more right-wing than the Roman Catholic Church? How is anything more right-wing than the RCC?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »
That place is as to the far right of Catholicism as atheism, practically.

That jab at all atheists perplexes me. How is atheism more right-wing than the Roman Catholic Church? How is anything more right-wing than the RCC?

I think he means that from where the members of the board in question are sitting, Catholicism and atheism are equally "too liberal".
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 12:43:45 am »
I think he means that from where the members of the board in question are sitting, Catholicism and atheism are equally "too liberal".

Precisely what I meant.  Sorry for the confusion.  I have no loyalty to the Catholics but feel bad for them when it comes to the abuse they take from arrogant fundamentalists who try to "out-Christian" them.

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 12:51:06 am »
Hot off the presses - a new baffling response from WorldGoneCrazy in which he manages to be offensive and clueless in equal measure.  After I told him he should probably stop fighting the SCOTUS decision on same-sex marriage:

"You are missing the point here: your argument was that because SCOTUS had ruled that SSM is legal, that we should just get over it and not fight anymore. My reply was regarding how awful that would have been for black people if abolitionists had just rolled over following the heinous Dred Scott decision and said "OK, we must just get over it and not fight anymore." Do you see?

"In SSM, there is no punished/damaged party"

The individuals themselves are damaged - diapers at 30, AIDS at 45, etc, plus tons of psychological afflictions. Children who get adopted by gay "couples" are damaged AND treated as show piece pawns, and, of course, society is damaged with respect to religious freedoms. Here is an overview supporting my assertions - using secular data:

http://winteryknight.com/2012/05/08/a-secular-case-against-same-sex-marriage/

"No one "escapes" the homosexual "lifestyle"

That is easy to refute - Joe Dallas is one example amongst many:

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/churchandministry/daugostine_gaygospel_dallas.aspx "

Quite, quite unbelievable.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:20:52 am by Mister Pine »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 05:49:10 am »
you might not want to highlight your posts in red, that's the mod's color if they have to amend or censor your post.

likewise, blue is for sarcasm.

that guy, however is a piece of work. diapers at 30? most gays prefer oral over anal sex. mostly because anal takes a lot of preparation to do correctly.

aids at 45? yeah, not buying it either.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Mister Pine

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 09:23:15 am »
you might not want to highlight your posts in red, that's the mod's color if they have to amend or censor your post.

likewise, blue is for sarcasm.

that guy, however is a piece of work. diapers at 30? most gays prefer oral over anal sex. mostly because anal takes a lot of preparation to do correctly.

aids at 45? yeah, not buying it either.

Sorry for the newbie mistakes.  I actually changed it to blue before I saw your note about sarcasm, and it almost worked that way because you can't believe this guy is serious.

The diaper thing was the most offensive, I mean statistically more straight couples probably do that and you don't see too many women who wear them.  I tried to source where such a belief would come from and all signs point to one guy who said something stupid on a right wing radio show.