Author Topic: VOCAPs  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
VOCAPs
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:39:15 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PDe5hIYjg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PDe5hIYjg</a>

I just wanted to share this stupidity.

He starts out by saying that voting is a violation of NAP (non aggression principle) and later goes on to complain that ANCAPs have a bad reputation because of the "anarco" part in their name.

For the first part:

What is violent about voting? By participating in democracy you are given a chance to affect the government, the policies and laws through proxy. Sure, it's not usually direct democracy but in countries it would be incredibly slow, massive and incompetent way to make major decisions and electing politicians to represent the will of the people is still letting the people voluntarily choose how the country is run.

How are ANCAPS or VOCAPS supposed to do anything with other people if mutual agreement is a violation of the NAP?

As for the "anarchist" bit... They are still trying to dismantle the state as much as possible. Aside from realizing that he's doomed to fail all he did was change the name. He isn't actually changing anything in the ANCAP philosophy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: VOCAPs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:52 am »
People don't like ANCAPs because of the "anarchist" bit?  Colour me fucking shocked, Batman.  Its almost like anarchism is complete bullshit, betraying a person's complete, fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of having an effective governing body.

Though, I agree that anarchists shouldn't vote.  After all, voting is tacit support of government, and government isn't the solution to (some) problems, government is the problem and now you have cholera.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »
How the hell is it remotely possible for all social interactions to be voluntary?  I'm walking down the road, turn the corner and bump into another guy.  Boom social interaction that neither of us chose to have.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:02:15 pm »
How the hell is it remotely possible for all social interactions to be voluntary?  I'm walking down the road, turn the corner and bump into another guy.  Boom social interaction that neither of us chose to have.

Ancaps make lolbertarians look rational and reasonable by comparison. I'm not surprised they don't understand the nature of social interaction.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »
These are the same people who react to difference of opinion with HELICOPTERS KILL KILL KILL KILL YOU FOR THAT DISAGREEMENT!!

Rationality was never their strong suit.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:55:45 pm »
These are the same people who react to difference of opinion with HELICOPTERS KILL KILL KILL KILL YOU FOR THAT DISAGREEMENT!!

Rationality was never their strong suit.

...I think you may have ancaps confused with the alt-right.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 09:51:12 pm »
ANCAPs are the helicopter / Pinochet fetish guys.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:30:27 pm »
ANCAPs are the helicopter / Pinochet fetish guys.

Again, I thought it was the alt-right that mostly did that. It seems unlikely that anarchists would be Pinochet fans.

Then again, there are ancoms who like Stalin and Mao, so maybe you're right.