Author Topic: NH Sheriff candidate sez: vote for me, and I'll shoot abortion doctors  (Read 3235 times)

Offline tempus

• Bishop
This one speaks for itself, folks.

Frank Szabo wants the people of Hillsborough County, N.H., to know that if they elect him as sheriff this year, he will do whatever it takes to stop doctors from performing abortions — even if that means using deadly force.

In an interview on Wednesday with local television station WMUR, Szabo said he believed sheriffs were granted special powers under the Constitution. That means, he said, he would be empowered to arrest or even use deadly force against doctors for providing legal abortions for women.

“I would hope that it wouldn’t come to that, as with any situation where someone was in danger,” Szabo said. “But again, specifically talking about elective abortions and late term abortions, that is an act that needs to be stopped.”

Link
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
Re: NH Sheriff candidate sez: vote for me, and I'll shoot abortion doctors
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:41:04 am »
A candidate for sheriff running on a platform of ignoring the central function of his job, i.e. to enforce the law? How can he lose?
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:09:44 am »
Doesn't that constitute a threat of violence...if I'm not mistaken, that's deemed terroristic threatening, and is thus quite illegal.

Time to put this murderous piece of shit behind bars before he does any real damage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:36:35 am »
oh fuck me, he's a would-be East Coast Arpaio... just for abortion instead of immigration.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:53:29 am »
This is why you don't elect the people who enact policy, rather than generating it. The chief job of a sheriff is not to reflect the will of the people, it is to competently uphold the law.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:34:38 am »
Oh for the love of fuck. What the bloody hell has gotten into the Republicans lately? I thought this level of insanity was the Teabagger's jurisdiction.

You know it's bad when Romney actually seems moderate compared to the rest of the party.

Saturn500

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 07:44:43 am »
Oh for the love of fuck. What the bloody hell has gotten into the Republicans lately? I thought this level of insanity was the Teabagger's jurisdiction.

You know it's bad when Romney actually seems moderate compared to the rest of the party.

Holy shit... of course! They're trying to make Romney seem more like a guy you'd want in office, so they're talking about rape like this!

...Oh, wait, that would require intelligence on their part.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:52:19 am »
Angelo Peña ·  Top Commenter
I have never seen a group of men so afraid of a woman's vagina as the GOP.

Top comment on the page, had to echo it.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 07:52:32 am »
You Americans have federal police don't you?

If this dimwit wins his election presumably he'll rather quickly end up on the pointy end of the ATF or FBI. Hopefully they'll slap him down hard before he does any damage.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:26 am »

If this dimwit wins his election presumably he'll rather quickly end up on the pointy end of the ATF or FBI. Hopefully they'll slap him down hard before he does any damage.

Our Federal Police service is actually the United States Marshals Service. They have jurisdiction in all 50 states and US territories but their area of specialty is more along the lines of witness protection, judicial security prisoner transport and fugitive apprehension. However they also have the authority to enforce all state and local laws and have about the same powers as a sheriff.

The FBI themselves focus more on a federal level than a state and local level and the ATF won't get involved unless there are illegal guns, tobacco and booze involved. Most likely this guy will have to be reported directly to the Department of Justice considering the circumstances.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »
Point to me where in the entire fucking Constitution that it mentions abortions and/or how sheriffs can completely disregard the law and commit murder.

Ironbite-I'll wait jackass.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

Well he can't just go out and commit murder.  The state authorities would hopefully stop him before  the federal one ever has to get involved.

However, if the federal gov did any such thing, rest assured that conservatives would be screaming about this proves the black helicoptors are coming and states rights and all that bull shit.

For a group that talks big on personal responsibility, the conservative echo chamber have a huge victim complex.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »
Let's all relax. Just another local yokel with a big mouth and no brain.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

shykid

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I spent time in the psych ward for shit that isn't even half as insane as these people.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »
Holy fuck. That's my county. THAT'S MY FUCKING COUNTY.

...I didn't even know we had a sheriff. Or, for that matter, an abortion facility. The nearest Planned Parenthood is the next county over. The second closest is in Massachusetts.